BodyBoss thoughts or alternatives?

Options
I've got the craziest life and work schedule right now. I can find time to work out just not at the gym at the moment (it's 30+ minutes each way) I need a plan, treadmills and ellipticals only get me so far, I've danced off and on for years but not enough high intensity to really get anywhere in a short time with that. BodyBoss looks great to me because it's all laid out for you, but....... 50 bucks is an awful lot to pay for it when I dont know anyone who has tried it.

So, anyone here have any thoughts on it? Or anything similar that you've tried and liked?
Thanks!

Replies

• banjosausage
    banjosausage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my friend and I shared the cost and purchased the body boss plan and would say it is worth the money if you have it spare. It is a tough workout! They have a pre plan workout week for before you start the plan and I have to confess I struggled even though I have a reasonable level of fitness for a chubby person! It is good that you get an actual book and a digital copy however it is not really that much different to any HIIT class at the gym. I'd perhaps get a couple of Jillian Michael's DVDs as they are quite similar and see how you feel after that. x
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started it a few weeks ago. the idea of a 24 minute workout is what caught my attention. the catch... that 24 minutes does not include the 4 min warm up, 10 min stretch before and 10 min stretch after. Most days it will take me a full hour if I include any rest periods between reps.

The one thing that i do like is the book; I like having something physical to reference. It's fairly straight forward and easy to follow.

In regards to the sets themselves, they aren't much different than any other HIIT session I've done before.