Showering at the gym

Options
Can anyone share some tips or tricks regarding showering at the gym? I used to shower when I belonged to Planet Fitness before work, but I don't recall it being such a pain as it was today (new member at a YMCA)

The shower stalls seem way smaller than I am used to so I have difficulty getting away from the water to get soapy...even if I point the shower head away from me.

The stall just has a flimsy curtain and the air flow from the shower causes the curtain to blow around and often sticks to me. Yuck! I like showering at the gym so I can get started with my day as soon as I get home, but today's shower was pretty crappy. Any advice?

Replies

• patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I feel like your only options is to switch gyms or just shower at home. Not much you can do to improve their showers l.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Turn off the water while soaping up.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    turn around- wash the front while your back is to the water- wash the back while your front is to the water.

soap is largely unnecessary on a daily basis though- so a good rinse is usually adequate if you are only in there 2-3 times a week.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yup just rinse off and move on.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are you showering and then heading home? I would just go home and shower there. I use the shower at the gym only if I am going to work afterward.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

yup and leave the curtain open. all probs solved
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree with lorrpb and JoRocka, either of those is good. I also prefer to shower at the gym, as it's an hour or more from my house depending on traffic; 3 min walk from work. Nae subjecting my poor car to my sticky-stench for that length of time.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll give that a try.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you showering and then heading home? I would just go home and shower there. I use the shower at the gym only if I am going to work afterward.

I do head home. I just prefer to shower at the gym so I can get started on chores and/or work when I get home. If I wait to shower when I get home, I could see myself being lazy and not shower at all, or procrastinate and get nothing done till after I finally shower.. I'm home with my daughter so showering at the gym is much quicker and efficient without her around. Plus it gives her more time to play in the daycare.
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Id like to but never do since 75%+ I'm at pf. And idk if its just me but planet fitness only has one water setting...slightly warmer than tap :/
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Shower curtains? ick! I'd deffo leave that to one side .. or change gyms! :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    suzesvelte wrote: »
    Shower curtains? ick! I'd deffo leave that to one side .. or change gyms! :D

Yeah, shower curtains totally ick me out!! I can't imagine them in a public bathroom, they're so hard to clean. ick.