Why isn't Orange Theory listed in exercise in Myfitnesspal?

Options
I go to Orange Theory classes and would like to just choose that for my exercise, why isn't it a choice?

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Because every single random "name brand" exercise isn't. Just use calisthenics.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Since OrangeTheory gives you your calorie burn just create your own exercise called OrangeTheory and then add the calories from your summary email.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    In general, providing an option to choose an activity by the name of a copyrighted chain of fitness studios is not going to provide an estimate for the Calories burned for that activity or set of activities.

You can choose to log pre-loaded exercises under Cardiovascular that provide similar activities, such as calisthenics or aerobics; or you can create a custom exercise and log an estimated number of Calories as provided by your fitness studio.

Most online activity calculators use the published metabolic equivalent of tasks (METs) values that provide an estimate for Calories burned per minute for individual activites, which are estimates for a general population and may differ for you as an individual based on your level of intensity.

MFP generally uses the 2011 METs values compiled in the Compendium of Physical Activities.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    they tell you how many calories you burned so you can enter it manually
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    hikerhel wrote: »
    I go to Orange Theory classes and would like to just choose that for my exercise, why isn't it a choice?

Just use "Circuit Training".

There isn't a choice for "overpriced circuit training"