Ok I'm back!

I took some time off MFP during the holidays to mainly help my sister with her wedding. I was able not to gain weight during this time which was good but didn't lose any as well. :( Now I'm ready, or as ready as I'm going to be, to get back on track. I've always been overweight but after my last little one I gained 40 pounds. I work from home so a lot of times my motivation to work out or eat well is barely there. I would love if anyone has at home workouts they can recommend or easy recipes to share. I like crock-pot recipes the best because I can just throw everything in the pot and let it cook as I work and watch my toddler.

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Welcome back!
    I think it's amazing you didn't put anything on! That's really good and you should be proud!
    If I didn't use MFP I'd be a whale in a week!!

As for at home exercises, I use YouTube and I watch popsugar fitness and there's fitness blender (I don't like that one much but a lot of people say it's really good- plus it shows calories burnt) but there's loads you can see, hopefully you have a smart tv/set top box that has YT

As for recipes.. yeah well I'm crap at cooking so I'll just leave that out and hope someone else has something better!

Good luuuuck :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Forgot to add, I also have a toddler and a baby, so I know what you mean that the motivation isn't there when you're knackered!
    But I just go through the day keeping on track of my calories. And as soon as toddler is in bed and baby has been fed I do a workout and then shower (because who has time in the morning with a baby?!)
    Then that's done and out the way then I've only gotta feed baby one more time and that's me done for the day!

But yeah my post partum tum has to goooo
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    When my kids were little they used my stair master with me. Over the years (not at the same time!) I've had a rowing machine, a treadmill (still have it) and a stationary bike (use it 4 days a week). Before my feet had issues I did some workout DVDs - t25, body beast, 30 day shred, and the "sweaty Betty" lady. I've joined some of the challenges and learned to do some of the workout sheets where they list an exercise circuit. The Fitness boards on here has a ton of info.
  • MsTere82
    MsTere82 Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the tips. @ Bex953172 think I'll check out those videos you recommended on youtube. As much as I would like to buy exercise equipment its just not in my budget.