How to overcome an unwanted gain

Options
I was doing really well and lost a little over 15 lbs in a month. I then had a gain which I'm trying to bounce back from but it really hit my morale hard. I'm curious how everyone else handles that sort of thing.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just dicks to your plan. Try to lose 1 lb per week rather than 4. It's easier, safer, and healthier.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've gained 7 lbs since Christmas, after losing 30 in the past year. I worked out today. I have to exercise or I'll forever be on the diet roller coaster.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Weight loss isn't linear, so there could be a host of reasons as to why you gained, but most of them won't be fat. If it goes on for another couple of weeks, then you'll want to take a look at your logging to see what you can tighten up.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Jhitch01 wrote: »
    I was doing really well and lost a little over 15 lbs in a month. I then had a gain which I'm trying to bounce back from but it really hit my morale hard. I'm curious how everyone else handles that sort of thing.

One thing I can recommend is to have your healthy diet, and low calorie intake give you morale, not the specific result on a scale. As long as you keep up with your goal deficit calorie intake, you will lose weight. My weight can fluctuate more than 5lb's depending on the water retention, or time of the day. Weight is not a stable number. Just focus on your diet, and how well you're doing :smile:
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The biggest tip I can offer is to keep in mind that weight-loss is not linear. Here's a snapshot of my last 12 months. This does not include 13 additional pounds lost in the 5 weeks previous. Just keep going!
    avhraerewx6a.png