Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need Ideas

FiftyandGettingBetter
FiftyandGettingBetter Posts: 611 Member
Hi all. I'm in Baltimore once again (for business) and I'm living in a hotel room. I'm looking for some ideas that I can come up with, some good recipes. I do have a mini (did I say small) refrigerator and a microwave. Tomorrow I'll be trying my first hand hand microwaving eggs, and I bought some pre cooked bacon. So hopefully breakfast is taken care of. But I'm looking for dinner ideas.

Thank you in advance,

Rich

Replies

• pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    My grandmother prepared lemon pepper chicken in her microwave all the time and it was delicious! She mainly used the thighs and legs and if you just sprinkle lemon pepper and cover with saran wrap you don't need any additional fat (I cook with skin on/bone in but don't eat the skin).
    Don't overlook the envelopes of tuna fish you can buy in the store. They don't have to be refrigerated until opened. No messy cans or draining needed. You could always squirt some relish in there and even add some mayo and eat right out of the packet.
    Sweet potatoes are easy and delicious in the microwave. Cover the entire potato in saran wrap and cook for 6 minutes it will be perfect. Don't poke holes in it.
    BACON! Cook a few slices (just lay paper towel on a plate and lay out the bacon then top with paper towels for easy clean up) and then chop up a tomato (and some avocado if you like them). Squirt on some lemon and eat alone or on lettuce. Delish.
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Ugh, I travel for work too! That's the worse for the diet. If you have access to a knife: dice a tomato, onion, jalapeño (if you like spicy), cilantro, cucumber and mix it all up with a can of tuna fish or chicken. Salt, pepper and a little lemon juice and yum!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    I do this easy salad and no need for a microwave.

Romain salad leaves,
    Mozzarella,
    Cherry tomatoes,
    Dried cranberry,
    Olives,
    Tuna or salmon in a cane, or smoked salmon stripes. Or grilled chicken breast.

Mix it up and you got yourself a good salad, plenty of veggies and good protein. Extra easy to make.
  • srankara2004
    srankara2004 Posts: 9 Member
    Those prepackaged baked potatoes in the produce section are awesome. Just pop them in the microwave and they are so much better than the ones you get in the 10 lb bags. Also, I like to make my tuna fish or chicken salad sandwiches with cottage cheese, no mayo since they are less calories and more filling. Also, there is always the tv dinners in a pinch if nothing else sounds good.