If you had 1 month for vacation...

Replies

• WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Tour the US National Parks (I've already been to quite a few so could probably manage to hit quite a few new ones in a month).

Tour of Europe.

New Zealand, although if I ever get there I'd probably never leave!

Stay at home and read/nap all day. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I don't know how long it would take or the cost but I would like to take a long train trip... maybe in Norway or Canada.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Mars
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    I would start in Glacier NP then go to Banff, Vancouver, Katmai, Chugach, Denali, Gates of the Arctic and probably disappear into the Kootenai area.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Month in Italy or month in Peru and Chile
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Pasayten.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Road trip through Europe
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
    One month their for me would be heaven!
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    I would go back to Florence Italy...fell in love with that place.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited February 2017
    There are a lot of places I want to go, but I really need a month on a tropical island where I can lie on the beach and soak up the sun and be warm, swim in the ocean when I want, sleep when I want, and visit the spa a lot for massages. I seriously just need a good break to recharge.
  • Momtafo
    Momtafo Posts: 48 Member
    I would Love to go to New Zealand to visit middle earth. Hobbiton & what not. :) . It'd be bomb.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited February 2017
    Buenos Aires and Montevideo
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Husband and I are going to New Zealand for a month. We want to move there. It's gorgeous and there is so much to see and so. I'd also love to spend a month traveling Europe.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    lilawolf wrote: »
    where would you go?

Your response doesn't need to have anything to do with me, but heres my situation. I have a month coming up starting around the end of August, with a fairly decent budget. More expensive does not equal better! Much rather do/see something amazing than sit in an all-inclusive with a bunch of other Americans. I am a 27 year old female traveling alone, but this is not my first rodeo. Lived and traveled to many countries in the americas and SE Asia, often on my own.

Cheers

Australia. went in December and absolutely loved it, would go back in a heart beat if i could!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    easy. ontario and spend a month with my fiance instead of the long weekend every 3 weeks we get LOLOL

but, we'd both have to have that month off paid. cause .... bills dont stop just cause youre on vacation LMAO
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    stay at home and enjoy the me time.... but i do get 12 weeks of personal time every year yet rarely take more than 4 weeks and certainly not in a row... when i have a year of accrued time left on decemeber 31st my employer pays me for it and resets my leave time on january 1. it is nice to get a full years pay in january :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    if money was no object i'd go back to Kenya, not Nairobi, but to the coast. Sun and sea and relaxation. from there i'd go back to Tsavo to see the elephants and also to the Maasi Mara to see the big cats, as well as exploring other areas we have never visited I'd also re-visit the school we helped build in Mombasa. that country is in my heart, and the thought of being there brought me through a very bad time in my life...... one day we will return!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Without any doubt my adopted country - New Zealand. A month will barely scratch the surface IMNSO it will be just enough to visit only one fo the islands
    But if you go:
    My top tips
    Stewart Island (that is the one under the south island), Doubtful Bay (prettier than milford, more expensive too, but worth it) Coromadel Peninsula, Orakei Korako/Huka Falls Tongariro Crossing. Paparoa national park, Tasman national park, Cook straight Ferry between picton en Wellington and Wellington (TePapa museum)