Help with soreness

Options
Not really sure if this is the right section? Whatevs :P

So I currently work at McDonalds, I almost always come home with sore legs, feet. I've tried using insoles which really didn't do anything at all as I was still sore while working and especially when I get home. This has always been a problem, but now that I regularly exercise, it is quite an annoyance. I worked an 8 hour shift today and ran my pedometer on my phone, I walked 17,278 steps, 10.97 km, and burned around 500 cals. This is quite a bit I guess, but I would still love to be able to do my after dinner walk and then my nightly run. Is there something I can do to prevent or treat this soreness? Thanks!

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Best investment is a good pair of shoes.

Otherwise, soaking in epson salt is amazing. Stretch on your breaks. If you are standing good posture and don't lock your knees.

How long have you been working there? When I worked retail I remember it took me about 6 weeks before I was no longer coming home in pain.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Get shoes that are designed for people on their feet all the time like medical professionals. They make socks for that too, tht help with blood flow in your legs. Stretch before work and on all of your breaks. Be sure to drink plenty of water and get good nutrition, take a vitamin supplement. Rest off your feet when you can.
  • Metalmonkey007
    Options
    A year and a half lol
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Agree with good shoes and stretching. Those floors really suck. Good shoes, stretching and exercise would help long term for sure. Short term you could try and epsom salt bath, some arnica oil around the sore areas, massaging slippers (I have a pair and I use them almost everyday) and elevating your feet and legs. I used to do this when I worked on my feet all day. I didn't want to take pain killers or any type of medicine since I didn't want to be dependent or to cover up possible injury, but those quick fixes helped me a lot with the minor aches and pains. Long term is best though.
  • Subzeromambo
    Subzeromambo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Beautiful picture of a Siberian! Compression tights/nylons helped me when I was working retail. I also used Burt's peppermint circulation rub after my shifts. When I was training for marathons Biofreeze or Perform gel help speed up recovery. This one is shocking but it works to prevent next day pain, ice bath.