Is it worth staying on WW

Options
2»

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I did WW for years. In the old days I thought the program was better than the current one. Now they are trying to control what you eat too much in my opinion. I dropped out of my online WW membership a year ago and lost 73 pounds on MFP just counting calories and walking. I feel quite able to maintain my loss where with WW I never did. Their program was constantly changing and the site had issues. Also I had paid for WW online for 20 years and never lost more than 15 or 20 pounds. This site is free. There is no magic, you still have to do the work but I didn't feel I got enough out of WW to justify the cost. The choice is yours but don't give up on weight loss. It is well worth the work. Just be patient and don't expect to be skinny in a month. The slower you lose the more likely you will retrain your eating habits and maintain the loss.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I did WW in the 90s, mostly in support of my wife. The main advantage were the meetings, but I never met people with similar goals to mine. Having a real (not just online) community is very helpful. It's best to do MyFitnessPal with a friend or two.