On the go breakfast ideas??

Options
23 y/o female...In school full time, working almost full time as well so I'm on the go A LOT! I like my sleep...Or at least what I can get and usually leave enough wake up time to reheat the eggs I made the night before and eat and run! Need some more ideas other than reheated eggs (sometimes in a wrap with cheese, avacado, and salsa), bananas, or other fruit?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Egg frittatas in a muffin tin, can fill with veggies, cheese, bacon, sausage, or anything you like. Also overnight oats are good.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I made the best iced coffee smoothie this morning - coffee (1 tsp dissolved in hot water), 1/4 banana, about 1/4 cup rolled oats, walnuts (maybe 1/8 cup) and just under a cup (250ml) skim milk. I blended it all up and it was seriously delicious. The milk and banana makes it sweet and the walnuts and coffee gave it a delicious flavour. The oats just blend into it but add a bit more substance to keep me full for longer. Next time I might add a bit of baby spinach for some veggie extra goodness.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator overnight oats in a mason jar, a bag of grapes, bananas, apples
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like savory hand pies, pastries and crepes for that. When I went through a phase of daily early meetings with clients I just made a bunch on a weekend and froze them. In the morning I would just heat them up and I'm ready to go. The variety of fillings also kept things from getting boring. Meat, mushrooms, potatoes, cheese, spinach, artichoke, broccoli, zucchini, even eggs. The sky's the limit. Could make some sweet variations too for the days you wake up with a sweet tooth.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    vanilla ice cream, orange juice, vanilla protein powder... throw it all in a blender, pour in a cup, go.
  • xnaturallybx
    xnaturallybx Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If I need a quick breakfast, I find that a couple of bananas with a tbsp of almond butter fuels me through the morning
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My go-to smoothie is a banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal, handful of kale, 1 tbl natural pb and 8 oz almond milk. I put the oats and kale in the blender the night before to save a minute or two.
    High calorie, but usually will take me all the way through lunch. Then I'll just have a mid-day or early afternoon snack.
  • Sveltforlife
    Sveltforlife Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Try oat almond flour crepes! <3 I'd send the recipe if I knew how...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Breakfast Burrito, $1.
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes is the way to go. All the proper nutrients without all the fuss and clean up. You can take it with you on the go.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Coffee. And protein bar if necessary.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes is the way to go. All the proper nutrients without all the fuss and clean up. You can take it with you on the go.

Protein powder by itself isn't a meal replacement