NOT EverYone Fell off the WAGON for the 4th...

Options
AND you know why....
Because it's not a diet for me
i eat regular foods
just in moderation
i am and will do this as a way of life
not a diet i'll jump off and jump on when i please
it's about moderation for me
not overeating, not pigging out
enjoying small portions of it all
and in the same time...eating healthier foods and learning to like foods i didn't before....
working out for fun and not a chore or have to anymore...
when i want a break
i feel nothing over it, i take a break....
have a great week friends...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    that is the truth.....by me doing this approach as well, i am learning how to maintain...how to enjoy food and not over indulge in it....not feeling guilty if i eat something wrong as long as i stay under my calories, and learning that exercise is not a chore.....and you are right, not everyone fell off the wage for the 4th
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I agree!
    I thought that as I saw the threads roll by about the weekend Holiday and the wagon emptying out. :laugh:

I prefer to think everyday is real life and a Holiday is not much differnt, might be different foods than one might have on a typical day during the week but food is just food. We can eat it any day, it's lost it's magic for me, and I'm quite excited that it has. I mean I enjoy a nice meal put together with care that is eye appealing and healthy with varied flavors. But I don't crave food from morning to night like I'd find myself doing at some points in my life. Using food to cover feelings or to make me feel.

Guess we musta been driving the wagon girls!:bigsmile:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: well done guys! Being in the UK, we have no July 4th celebrations, but I understand that it is a time for getting together and enjoying company and food! Well done all of you for choosing your lifestyle regime over those extra calories! You should be feeling very proud! :flowerforyou:
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm a brit - as you know natalie lol

however i did have a reason to fall off the wagon!! it was my 18th wedding anniversary!!

But just like previous post i'm in this for the rest of my life, so i didn't fall off, even made my own very special low fat, low sugar dessert to share with my hubby in the eve x
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm also a Brit but with American heritage and we celebrated July 4th, I too do not class it as falling off the weekend if I have something that may be a little more indulgent than normal.
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I love the sentiment of this topic.....I think I will print it out as words to live by....
    As a matter of fact I lost over the weekend. My mantra is: Portion Control, Portion Control, Portion Control !!!!
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    I agree as well. I had barbecue and the fixings. But in moderation. I watched my portions and had no leftovers. Did not feel one bit of guilt. It was just a meal as some of the others have stated. I sure did enjoy it though! But I'm in this for life also, so no need to deprive myself. Thanks for the great post----I think it's important for those who are trying to white-knuckle it.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    EXACTLY!! I like your style :tongue:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I have been saying that all along. I am NOT on a DIET! I just want to eat less....not so much crap...and get my butt moving. I have been doing just that and I am getting a little smaller. I have a little ways to go but I didn't get like this in a day so it's going to take time. Inspiring words my friend!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i can happily say neither did I. I didn't lose weight during the long weekend but I didn't gain weight either. I watched my portions and enjoyed the company I was with! I swam in the lake and hung out with friends.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 3 lbs this week :D 4th of July is just another day, food-wise.

As a recovering alcoholic, I think it's kind of amusing (and sad at the same time) to see the similarities between drinkers and over-eaters/binge-eaters/junk-eaters. Drinkers who aren't really ready to quit drinking will find/create ANY excuse to rationalize their drinking. It's a 3-day weekend, it's a holiday, it's the last time, I'm stressed out, I deserve it, it's a day that ends in "y". These are the exact same excuses/rationalizations that get used among over-eaters/junk-eaters all the time.

Developing a healthy lifestyle that has some wiggle room for properly portioned treats now and then is just so much easier, more relaxing, and leads to faster weight loss than continuing on the on-the-wagon/binge/guilt/off-the-wagon rollercoaster.

This is not a dress rehearsal, it's your life.
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I lost almost 3 lbs this week :D 4th of July is just another day, food-wise.

As a recovering alcoholic, I think it's kind of amusing (and sad at the same time) to see the similarities between drinkers and over-eaters/binge-eaters/junk-eaters. Drinkers who aren't really ready to quit drinking will find/create ANY excuse to rationalize their drinking. It's a 3-day weekend, it's a holiday, it's the last time, I'm stressed out, I deserve it, it's a day that ends in "y". These are the exact same excuses/rationalizations that get used among over-eaters/junk-eaters all the time.

Developing a healthy lifestyle that has some wiggle room for properly portioned treats now and then is just so much easier, more relaxing, and leads to faster weight loss than continuing on the on-the-wagon/binge/guilt/off-the-wagon rollercoaster.

This is not a dress rehearsal, it's your life.

I agree, I NOW see similarities between my food and my old alcohol problem (I quit a long time ago and replaced it with food)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I'm also a Brit but with American heritage and we celebrated July 4th, I too do not class it as falling off the weekend if I have something that may be a little more indulgent than normal.
    :drinker: This is the attitude that will continue to make it a LIFESTYLE change for each of us instead of a 'diet' mentality like in the past for so many of us.

• HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I love the feel and the attitude of this thread it's very upbeat and truly shows that changing our eating does not mean deprivation but simple making changes in how we look at food. Spending time with friends is now the main attraction and not so much 'what food is going to be there'.

Glad you began this thread, it's an eye opener for many:flowerforyou:
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your honesty and openess in your replies...
    it's in honesty you will keep overcoming.
    each meal is a time to eat less
    each meal is a time to say no to over eating...
    together we can do this....
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Really a nice perspective, thanks.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree!
    I thought that as I saw the threads roll by about the weekend Holiday and the wagon emptying out. :laugh:

I prefer to think everyday is real life and a Holiday is not much differnt, might be different foods than one might have on a typical day during the week but food is just food. We can eat it any day, it's lost it's magic for me, and I'm quite excited that it has. I mean I enjoy a nice meal put together with care that is eye appealing and healthy with varied flavors. But I don't crave food from morning to night like I'd find myself doing at some points in my life. Using food to cover feelings or to make me feel.

I'm not on the wagon, I'm pulling the dang thing. :bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I agree!

:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I agree!

Well, I for one, appreciate that!:laugh: :tongue: Because you must have quite a haul to pull with us all up on the wagon and you pullin it!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!