Stuck at a high weight

Options
sweetkisses4738
sweetkisses4738 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Fitness family! So I'm asking about nutrition because I am over 400 lbs and have been trying very hard to workout and eat low carb/ no sugar in order for weight loss. I have healthy lean proteins, veggies, a little fruit, and minimal healthy carbs such as sweet potatoes a few times a week. My portions are good and I do about 15-20 min cardio a day. I thought at this pace the weight would be flying off especially since I'm so big and my diet and lifestyle was so unhealthy a few months ago. Is there something I'm missing for faster weight loss? I've been losing 1 lb a week... doesn't seem right. I feel good but I'm having a hard time sleeping (very restless and difficult time failing asleep). Besides all this I feel good and drink a ton of water. ANY TIPS?!?! Thanks!!!

Replies

• arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is a healthy rate of loss, although at your size you may be able to lose a bit more at first. I don't see any mention of your daily calorie intake in your post - have you plugged your stats into MFP and gotten a calorie allotment for each day? Is it set to lose 1 pound per week, or higher? Are you weighing your solids, measuring your liquids, and choosing accurate entries from the MFP database to log your foods as accurately as possible?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're losing a pound a week, you aren't stuck.

Are you counting calories? Eating low carb doesn't magically guarantee weight loss. You can still overeat.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Set a calorie goal for a deficit, weigh and log all your food and stay within that goal. It's really that simple. If you still don't lose weight after trying that for a few weeks then the goal you set is incorrect, or you're not logging/weighing something correctly. Exercise if you can but it's not required for weight loss.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    My portions are good

Could you elaborate on this? How are you determining portions? Until you have learned proper portions it is really hard to eyeball the right amounts.

Obviously if you are losing one pound a week you're doing something right. Keep it going!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Even if the food you are eating is "healthy" it really comes down to how many calories you're eating.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Don't mistake slow progress for no progress. You've started on the journey and that's what matters.

At your weight you can probably make some adjustments to lose faster, but it is super important to recognise what you've already achieved. This is a learning process and it will take time before you know all you need to know.