California girl - I'm bringing sexy back!!! 40 lbs/Motivation/Self discipline/Love your body

Lovin_Lilly
Lovin_Lilly Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, hope everyone is doing great! I turned 41 this year and decided to make some serious changes. Prior to recently, I didn't feel that I had any "real" bad habits, never drank a lot, never smoked etc..But as my 11 year old continues to grow, I have found myself in the realization that I am not taking care of myself as well as I thought I was. Sure, I like healthy foods and stick to a decent diet, but the lack of working out through the past few years has definitely taken a toll. I was always in really good shape, then I got pregnant with my daughater, but loss the weight afterwards..In the last 3 or 4 years, things have changed..Long story short - I became single, going back to work, parenting on my own, and basically not much time for myself. Anyway, this past year I've made the decision to go back to school for a degree, work part-time and now I want to focus on working out and getting fit again..I'm ready to work hard, keep a healthy diet and lose about 40 pounds..I'm ready to bring my sexy back! I'm not going to dwell on the 40 lbs I need to drop, not going to dwell on the fact that I almost died trying to race my daughter at the park last week, not going to dwell that I cringe in the mirror lately..NOPE!! I'm going to work my a*s off and get back into a bikini this summer. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, ready to get back out there again, ready to take back control of my mind and body, ready for that burn..

I'm not quite sure how this works yet, but please feel free to add me as a friend or whatever option they give to help follow and support eachother..I would love to connect with like minded people, not matter what your goals are.

Replies

• laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Hello!!! I love your positive attitude!!! I also turned 41 this past September. I have 3 daughters (22 & 18 - 1st marriage and 2 1/2 - current marriage). My husband was diagnosed with MS in November 2010 and it's slowly progressing and I know that I will be the one to take care of his every need when the time comes - I need and want to be fit and healthy to take care of him and our daughter as she gets older. Welcome!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    You have a great attitude. In the long run it will work as long as you keep up. Good luck. I will send a friend request.