Got a date, how do I impress him

Options
13»

Replies

• Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hahaha some of these responses are awesome. If you got a date he is already interested in you. I vote with everyone else saying just do you.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    You should learn how to tie a cherry stem with your tongue. Tongue skills are always impressive.

Q88rJ.gif
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, everyone likes impressing someone they are interested in, don't act like you've never tried :smiley:
    Realistically though, the "impress" part is usually a bigger deal on the first dates. Just try to be yourself, so you don't have to act like someone else when you're actually dating. This always ends bad if you have to 'act'.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    1) Don't use profanity during the date. Not even a little bit;
    2) Don't text or look at your phone during the date. Turn the ringer and the alerting tones off.
    3) Dress stylishly, but don't show too much skin. No plunging cleavage opportunities and no thighs showing.
    4) Have no more than one drink and, of course, don't ingest any other intoxicating substances.
    5) Chew with your mouth closed. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't audibly gulp anything.
    6) Make him feel comfortable enough to blab about himself but don't blab too much about yourself.
    7) If he asked you on the date, he pays for everything.
    8) Stay in the drivers seat as he blabs about himself by listening carefully and committing his blab to memory. If he tells you he's a jerk, believe him. If he tells you he's commitment shy, believe him. If he tells you he'll always be in love with his ex-girlfriend, believe him. If he tells you he had a little problem in "the past" with addiction, that means it was a big problem and "the past" probably means 3 weeks ago.
    9) Limit the carnal interchange to a peck on the cheek. Meaning he pecks your cheek. No other foolish shenanigans. Just a close mouthed kiss from him to you and nighty night.
    10) Compared to what's out there and what he's probably used to as a hot guy - he'll be impressed if you play your cards this way.

YES! I love all of this! This is the best advice I have seen in the course of life.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    turn up naked, tell him he can't have any. Watch phone meltdown next morning.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    1) Don't use profanity during the date. Not even a little bit;
    2) Don't text or look at your phone during the date. Turn the ringer and the alerting tones off.
    3) Dress stylishly, but don't show too much skin. No plunging cleavage opportunities and no thighs showing.
    4) Have no more than one drink and, of course, don't ingest any other intoxicating substances.
    5) Chew with your mouth closed. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't audibly gulp anything.
    6) Make him feel comfortable enough to blab about himself but don't blab too much about yourself.
    7) If he asked you on the date, he pays for everything.
    8) Stay in the drivers seat as he blabs about himself by listening carefully and committing his blab to memory. If he tells you he's a jerk, believe him. If he tells you he's commitment shy, believe him. If he tells you he'll always be in love with his ex-girlfriend, believe him. If he tells you he had a little problem in "the past" with addiction, that means it was a big problem and "the past" probably means 3 weeks ago.
    9) Limit the carnal interchange to a peck on the cheek. Meaning he pecks your cheek. No other foolish shenanigans. Just a close mouthed kiss from him to you and nighty night.
    10) Compared to what's out there and what he's probably used to as a hot guy - he'll be impressed if you play your cards this way.

What a complicated world we live in.

Be yourself, dress nicely, shower, and be ready on time. Demand and give respect. If you want to hook up, then hook up. If you want to kiss, then kiss. Do what you want.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    genuinely just enjoy yourself. if he enjoys it too then it's all good. Don't try to be anything for the date because you'll have to be that person during the relationship.

That's a tall order If its not who you are.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    A wardrobe malfunction during dinner.
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Order dessert and share it..... guys dig chics who eat.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tretop76 wrote: »
    Order dessert and share it..... guys dig chics who eat.

I always thought it was the other way around.
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and do perfect form squats. He might ask you to marry him right then and there! Lol

Lol this!! Exactly this!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    here's my wish list for impressing me:

1. tie on your own lure.
    2. unhook your own bass
    3. fix your own backlash
    4. hit a shot from 100+ yards away on the green that checks up.
    5. explain why the offense took a delay of game on 4th and 7 from their 45.

Do at least one of those, and you're alright in my book.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Start with cleavage and move onto not being crazy. Thats the winning combo for a good first impression.