Cheat meals or guilty pleasures...

Options
What are your favorite guilty pleasure or cheat meals?

Have you found any cool substitutions to make them KINDA healthy or do you go all out dirty (sugary, greasy, buttery goodness)?

Replies

• LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    subway pizza

walmart has 100 calorie portion pizza I add some veggies and I'm good:)
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    honestly when I crave it I eat what I want...when I want too at least once a week:)

Right now drinking beer and eating wendys..lol....In heaven:)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Beef Stroganoff. I don't substitute. That's really the only recipe. I sub cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream with my homemade yogurt, try to sub eggs for egg beaters, use less salt, sub coconut oil or coconut butter for regular butter. Little things like that. I really like combining recipes from different food blogs too. I'll try to find something similar on skinnytaste that I found on foodwishes and mix the two to make it healthier. Blogs have really been a great tool since they're free, organized, and do all the work as far as substituting and making them healthier. All I have to do is follow along. I've learned so many tips and tricks that are second nature now, it's amazing. It's fun too!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter eggs (okay, I love all Reese's peanut butter products, but for some reason the eggs are my favorite). So full of yummy peanut butter.....mmmmm. I could eat a whole bag of them, especially just after Easter when they're way cheap. I have done it more times than I can count.

Anyway, I don't have any substitutes. Nothing is even remotely as good. BUT I just try to pull myself away after 2 or 3, instead of 15. Haha. I love them so much.
  • tarashley13
    tarashley13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Beef Stroganoff. I don't substitute. That's really the only recipe. I sub cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream with my homemade yogurt, try to sub eggs for egg beaters, use less salt, sub coconut oil or coconut butter for regular butter. Little things like that. I really like combining recipes from different food blogs too. I'll try to find something similar on skinnytaste that I found on foodwishes and mix the two to make it healthier. Blogs have really been a great tool since they're free, organized, and do all the work as far as substituting and making them healthier. All I have to do is follow along. I've learned so many tips and tricks that are second nature now, it's amazing. It's fun too!

Skinnytaste? Never heard of it. Well, now I have. :laugh: Thank you.
  • tarashley13
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter eggs (okay, I love all Reese's peanut butter products, but for some reason the eggs are my favorite). So full of yummy peanut butter.....mmmmm. I could eat a whole bag of them, especially just after Easter when they're way cheap. I have done it more times than I can count.

Anyway, I don't have any substitutes. Nothing is even remotely as good. BUT I just try to pull myself away after 2 or 3, instead of 15. Haha. I love them so much.

I agree with the eggs being better.
  • tarashley13
    Options
    honestly when I crave it I eat what I want...when I want too at least once a week:)

Right now drinking beer and eating wendys..lol....In heaven:)

I'm not big into fast food, but I HEART Wendy's.
  • tarashley13
    Options
    I just ate sour laces. My tongue is RAW. :grumble:
  • soccerdog693
    soccerdog693 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just went to my favorite restaurant tonight, had sliders and breadsticks, AND went to the movie theaters and got a med popcorn. Did I binge? Yes. Did I make myself sick.... yes. But I had a great time. Popcorn at the movie theaters at this point is just not something I am willing to give up.

I was also over my calorie goal for the day, but I am still under my calorie goal for the week. If I can fit it into my calories, I'll give myself rewards.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love In-N-Out burger. Especially their double double with fries. I just had that 3hours ago. I also love pasta a lot. Sometimes I eat it but some other times I substitute miracle noodles for it. It's not the same but it works for me since it has zero calories and I can add vegetables, eggs etc to make a stir fry
  • tarashley13
    Options
    I love In-N-Out burger. Especially their double double with fries. I just had that 3hours ago. I also love pasta a lot. Sometimes I eat it but some other times I substitute miracle noodles for it. It's not the same but it works for me since it has zero calories and I can add vegetables, eggs etc to make a stir fry

Wow, miracle noodles. Yet another thing I have never heard of. What is made out of?

I just looked it up. Hmmmm....
  • east2west14
    Options

Wow, miracle noodles. Yet another thing I have never heard of. What is made out of?

I just looked it up. Hmmmm....

You can read reviews about them on amazon but if you become interested in them I wouldn't recommend buying them there because its too pricey. It's made out of yam flour. It's gluten free, no soy, no sugar etc. it's supposedly "hungry-girl" approved.
  • TomDonis
    TomDonis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm about to have my first cheat meal tonight after being on a diet for 250 days without a single cheat meal or guilty pleasure.

It's pathetic how excited I am to have pizza or a burger.

I hope it doesn't disappoint.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow, Miracle noodles! My prayers have been answered... I'm Italian and simply can't live without pasta. I've switched to 100% whole wheat, but with sauce, I'm still looking at 260 calories, and over 40 crams of carbs for one measly little cup! NO CALORIES you say...where can I get them? :-)
  • torims6
    torims6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really love Hot Dogs... especially during the summertime-- so I make sure to buy Organic, All Beef " ones. My favorite recently, has been the Applegate Farms Hot Dogs. They are only 70 Calories per Hot Dog and none of those nasty preservatives and/or fillers. Plus they taste amazingly good -- probably better then most of the "nasty crap" out there...

I also love cold, sugary cereal. Fiber One Chocolate, 80 Calorie Cereal is a great substitute! Even turns your milk chocolate (or in my case Almond Milk due to a Dairy Allergy), but it's great because if you use 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk and 3/4 cup of cereal it is a pretty filling snack for only 100 calories! I eat this for breakfast every morning and it keeps me full until well past lunch time. The Fiber One, 80 Calorie Honey Squares are good too as is Multigrain Cheerios (though a little more calorie dense).
  • bigballin2013
    Options
    I just started my weight loss so I haven't had a cheat meal yet BUT, I've been very successful before by going crazy once in a while. Nothing low calorie or boring....just grubingly good. It's only one meal and if it gives you the emotional break from dieting you need to keep you going strong....do it!
  • TomDonis
    TomDonis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Rockinchick, I don't what country you live in, but here in Australia it's usually available in the healthy food section in any major supermarket. This is the range we have here

http://www.slendierslim.com.au/products/pasta.html

Don't buy the rice though, it's disgusting and stinks. The noodles and pasta are great. No carbs, no nothing, and hardly any calories.
  • east2west14
    Options
    Wow, Miracle noodles! My prayers have been answered... I'm Italian and simply can't live without pasta. I've switched to 100% whole wheat, but with sauce, I'm still looking at 260 calories, and over 40 crams of carbs for one measly little cup! NO CALORIES you say...where can I get them? :-)

Girl message me and I will give you all the info. I buy them in bulks lol. It can smell when you first open it but there are techniques to remove smell.
  • impink82
    impink82 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had to limit myself to ONE sweet treat a day. Knowing it's just one treat, as well as looking at the nutritional content, it helps make it easier to choose. Dark chocolate and strawberries over a donut or cookie? This hasn't been easy, i've been an emotional eater for years, with a huge sweet tooth!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    ice cream