Kettlebell success?

Anybody had success just using kettlebells instead of doing like a strong lifts program or using other gym equipment? Feel free to share any pictures!

I got a kettlebell for use at home and am starting a basic program. I can only make it to the gym once or twice a week at most to do any other strength training. I'm hoping that's enough..

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    There are a lot of hard core KB users. A friend of mine owns a KB studio, she's one of the strongest women I've ever met and only trains KB & bodyweight.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    When my.work schedule gets crazy and my time is limited I'll do the Simple and Sinister routine. Two exercises, KB swings and Turkish Get Ups. It takes about 30 minutes. It's good for conditioning work. I use it for maintenance until my schedule settles down.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    @OP, which program are you using? And what's your kettlebell weight? I just bought one (10 kg) and I'm looking for decent program to follow.
  • davefen
    davefen Posts: 4 Member
    If ur looking for a truly great kettle bell workout out google "Pavel Tsatsouline". He's a kettle bell maniac but he has beginning programs as well as severely advanced. He's got a bunch of videos on YouTube.
  • davefen
    davefen Posts: 4 Member
    And yes kettle bells r probably one of your best fitness tools for strength. But don't over due it and practice the moves and forms precisely to prevent injury.
  • crossbarh
    crossbarh Posts: 4 Member
    I concur about using Pavel Tsatsouline as a guide... his books are great as is the StrongFirst website (http://www.strongfirst.com/). There are many, many videos showing correct form there.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    I do kettlebells, I go once a week to a proper class, then at home I follow Bodyfit by Amy on youtube.