Jello legs!

Options
Hello folks. I've had an injured knee and was out of commission for a bit. I'm back at it though and going strong! But my thighs are KILLING ME! I may have pushed it too hard. Any suggestions on how to soothe my super tight muscles? I'm desperate

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Foam roller
  • MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    God, its the worst after my first day back from a break or when I start a new routine and my legs hurt so much that I basically have to fall onto the toilet seat because I can't sit down normally lol.

Stretching helps me a lot. Staying hydrated, and getting back into it. When this happens to me I exercise the next day regardless to try and loosen it up (unless I think I've hurt myself and its not just terrible doms).

Yes! You know exactly what I'm going through, haha. It sucks so bad. Literally having to plop to sit because lord knows if I bend my legs it'll be hell!
  • crowgrl13
    crowgrl13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me when I went on a several hour 10 mile hike, up and down a lot of hills! The next day, my legs hurt so bad! I actually took some ibuprofen, took the day off from exercise (if you are starting back up, maybe exercising every other day and doing some light yoga on the days "off" would help), and soaked in a hot bath - and that bath helped so much!
    Good luck!
  • ronocnikral
    ronocnikral Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You're working out too hard. Sleep and hydration are best for recovery. Foam roller or massage if you can handle it, but I doubt it if you can hardly squat. Take it easy on the legs until you build up some endurance. Walking will also help.... Unfortunately once acidosis sets in, You're pretty much along for the ride.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Go for a little walk, then static stretch, then take a nice and long Epsom salt bath
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Haha,the coaches from my youth would tell you to suck it up. I'd say everyone else has given some good advice. Rest, hydrate, stretch and get back at it.