Question

Options
bestkeptent714
bestkeptent714 Posts: 24 Member
edited February 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So I tend to keep away from sugar and carbs, but..

I was wondering if I have a candy or pastry but stay under my calorie count for the day, is it still considered bad for my diet?

Thanks

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I ate Chocorooms before dinner. I'll let you know if I gained 50 pounds back when I weigh in the morning.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Definitely won't hurt your diet. If the only thing you are focused on is weight loss (ignoring other health factors), then the only thing that matters is total calories. The type doesn't matter for weight loss. For maintaining muscle, it does, but for weight loss? Nope, not at all.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I noticed you had another post about this. Enjoy a sugary treat once and having a bowl of icecream once a week or a candy bar or whatever will not ruin progress, esp if youre staying within your claorie goals.

I was super strict no sugar, very low carb, for a few months, then stopped because my food choices were so boring. Now i encorporate carbs and treats regularly and have had no problem losing still.

Also fruit can help with suagr cravings and is packed with nutrients. There is nothing bad about carbs and suagr (sugar is a simple carb) people just avoid them because usually fats and protien are more filling.