Am I doing this right? Reducing bf

Options
I am on a bikini guide progressive programme and I love it, I love lifting heavy..it's definitely my thing!

My weight is a healthy weight for my height..I am just trying to reduce my bf a little and will then increase cals to build muscle.

My question is this....my upper body (arms,shoulders,back) are looking so toned and I am loving it. My belly,legs,butt are taking a lot longer to tone and this is clearly where I
Am storing a lot of my bf (bf currently sitting at about 23%).

Do you think I should trust the process that I am on as I am clearly making progress (in upper body) and keep plugging away in the hope that the lower body will catch up?

Or should I switch things up a little?....and if so what do you suggest?

Replies

• Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there's a way to target specific fatty areas. Gotta keep loosing in general. The good news is it sounds like you're doing great and as you tone your muscles and build muscle it going to look that much better as you she'd your unwanted bf
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there's a way to target specific fatty areas. Gotta keep loosing in general. The good news is it sounds like you're doing great and as you tone your muscles and build muscle it going to look that much better as you she'd your unwanted bf

Thanks for that ☝
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Keep going and trust the process. Genetics dictate how you lose your fat and often the midsection (torso, butt, thighs) is the last place it will come off. Unfortunately, spot reduction is a myth - you can't selectively target where you lose fat.
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your program!