-50 pounds by july join me whats your goal

Options
124»

Replies

• tipsygemini
    tipsygemini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me for accountability and encouragement! I broke my scale a few weeks ago (by tripping over it, cause I'm a mess lol) at 143 lbs and was already trying to lose weight, finally got a new scale and I'm up to 156!
  • sweethomeaz3
    sweethomeaz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm setting small goals starting out. But ultimately 50lb loss would be absolutely awesome.
  • Angelica91733
    Angelica91733 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me. My goal is to lose 15 pounds by June 1st
  • taylormorris121
    taylormorris121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm looking to loose 30+ by July!
  • NotThatJerseyShore
    Options
    Add me! Goal is 80 total, probably over 18-24 months
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please add me I want to lose 45lbs by July
  • MaxsMommy36
    MaxsMommy36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm down 32 lbs since November when my son was born. I still have 65 to go. I'm exclusively breastfeeding right now so it's been hard keeping a milk supply and trying to lose weight but I think I've found the sweet spot finally! Add me I'd love some friends on the same journey as myself!
  • beckylynn03
    beckylynn03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I want to lose 50 pounds by July also!!
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    Add me please. We can encourage each other!
  • heatherboyce19
    heatherboyce19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be down 15ish pounds by June!
  • Amosh2010
    Amosh2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. Add me if u like
  • madsandy11
    madsandy11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    12% body fat!!!
  • mghaffar89
    mghaffar89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me :) just started again and need some support! Trying to lose 40 by July
  • PinkZebra2014
    PinkZebra2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me. I am currently 170 lbs looking to lose 35-40 lbs by July.
  • melindaellen
    melindaellen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30 lbs by July. I'm at 199 and want to be at 170 by July, and another 10 by mid August.
  • domingoestradajr
    domingoestradajr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is add 10lbs and get down to 8% body fat
  • ivysjb
    ivysjb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm looking for 27 pound loss by 4/16/17 and another 25 by 7/4/17. Currently down 11 pounds in 3 weeks and need to keep pushing.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted. Add me if you want. I'll celebrate every with you. I got a about 70 to lose.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Hello im at 172 my goal is to get down to 125 join me amd lets help each other would love some buddies for advice and motivation since i know its hard out there

Reality check.......

47 pounds in 20 weeks when you have a total of 47 pounds to lose is not gonna happen, not if you want healthy weight loss.

2 pounds a week is a decent goal when you have more than 75 pounds to lose. As you get closer to goal weight loss is slower still. Smaller people just can't put up big deficits unless they are under eating.

Set a realistic goal, and just keep working at it. You'll get there eventually. We didn't get fat overnight.

^^ This. Granny sez:

I've been on MFP long enough to watch a lot of people. Who succeeds? Mainly people who set a reasonable, healthy, sustainable goal for weight loss rate, stick with it for the long haul, and learn along the way how to maintain their new healthy weight.

Most people who go for super-aggressive goals tend to flame out or be on- and off-track in phases . . . often either giving up entirely, or taking more time to lose than the "slow & steady, but consistent" crowd. Fast loss nets you more muscle loss than necessary along the way, reduced energy (maybe even fatigue), and potentially a compromised appearance (not cute).

What's reasonable? .75-1% of your body weight per week, less when you have fewer than 50 pounds to lose.

Sorry to be a downer, but I think honesty is best. Go read the "Success Stories" forum. How many people lost fast? How many at a more moderate rate? (I lost 60 pounds in just less than a year, faster at first and slower later, and am now in my 2nd year of maintaining. It works.)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Hello im at 172 my goal is to get down to 125 join me amd lets help each other would love some buddies for advice and motivation since i know its hard out there

Reality check.......

47 pounds in 20 weeks when you have a total of 47 pounds to lose is not gonna happen, not if you want healthy weight loss.

2 pounds a week is a decent goal when you have more than 75 pounds to lose. As you get closer to goal weight loss is slower still. Smaller people just can't put up big deficits unless they are under eating.

Set a realistic goal, and just keep working at it. You'll get there eventually. We didn't get fat overnight.

QFT.

Considering a safe rate of loss for those that have that much to lose is around 1lb per week, losing anymore than that can be dangerous to ones health.