Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, is it possible to loose 2 kg per week without excercise?

Hi

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    Hard to say without knowing your stats and your goal. If you want to keep it off, you're better off losing weight slow and steady at a rate that doesn't feel restrictive, otherwise you'll just end up going back to old ways and put it all back on.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    That's 4.4 lbs. Which is a 15,400 deficit per week or 2,200 kcal deficit per day. There's no way (even with exercise) that you could safely create such a large caloric deficit in a week.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    That kind of loss is only safe if you're obese. You don't say how much you have to lose, but if it's not alot, you'd have to cut your calories so low that you'd lose muscle, have hair loss, and alot of health problems. Slow and sure is your best bet. Don't be impatient.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    That's 4.4 lbs. Which is a 15,400 deficit per week or 2,200 kcal deficit per day. There's no way (even with exercise) that you could safely create such a large caloric deficit in a week.

I lost at that rate in my first couple of weeks, mostly due to water weight. But that was eating at a relatively low deficit (400 cals higher than MFP set) and exercising. But I agree in the long term it would not work.

• Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Its all about calories deficit. 3500 cals less= 1 lb lost whether from working out or just diet. Is it healthy or likely to stay off...probably not. Eating less than 1000 calories can cause nutritional deficiencies and is reccomended under dr supervision only. Faster doesn't always mean better. The faster I've lost weight by undereating the faster its came back on and got some stretch marks :(. And the lower weight you get the slower you burn. Dieting is a long term lifestyle change not just a quick fix. But if your trying to drop that 2kg+ for an event then that's understandable but could be semitempory
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    NO
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If you weigh 200 kg, yes
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    If you are obese and that is just waterweight, yes.
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    I use isagenix which has been a big help. I've lost 88 lbs in the past year. With no exercise in the beginning.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

This^

An obese man who was 7' tall maybe.....but that's not you.
    I use isagenix which has been a big help. I've lost 88 lbs in the past year. With no exercise in the beginning.

Horrible advice ..... MLM marketing, "cleanses" and weight loss shakes.....just no.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Unless you are severely obese, no.

You may initially lose more than expected due to water weight but that will even out within a couple weeks. Shoot for a healthy sustainable loss using a moderate calorie deficit. You will be much happier for it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    You said in your other thread that you are 5'4" and 184 pounds - no, 2 kg / 4.4 pounds per week is not a safe amount for you to lose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Water weight aside, it's pretty much mathematically impossible even if you did exercise unless you're morbidly obese.