Low calorie foods?

Options
anemann325
anemann325 Posts: 2 Member
I have watched my calories before and lost weight by doing so but I'm sick of eating the same things all the time . Any suggestions ?

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Depends on your diet really.

Cauliflower rice & Egg whites & lean ground turkey & lean ground beef & chicken breasts & any kind of green veggies & low fat milk & low fat yoghurt comes to mind.
  • katiepoo22
    katiepoo22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    brown rice, to be honest there are loads of low cal food it depends on what you like eating? sweet/savoury? do you want meal ideas or snack ideas?
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables...mix and match them.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What sort of things are you after ideas for?
    So low calorie breakfasts I eat
    2 medium eggs scrambled in the microwave with 20ml of milk and 5g of butter= around 180 cal
    2 plums or a large pear with an Aldi benefit light bar= around 100 cal

Low calorie lunches
    Carrot batons, cucumber batons, boiled egg and roast chicken= around 200 calories
    Scrambled eggs as above but add in veggies and chicken breast= around 280 calories

Low calorie ice creams
    Aldi gelati mini mx= Arond 135
    Mars ice cream bar= Arond 130 calories

Low calorie crisps (uk)
    Wotsits= Around 90 calories
    Aldi version of wotsits, quavers, chip sticks= Around 69 calories

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    eat what you want if it fits your calorie goal - if there is something you really enjoy, plan it into your daily food

my breakfast is normally greek yoghurt and an English muffin
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I made this onion soup last week. It was around 170 calories when I added it into MFP recipe maker. I liked it. Easy meal.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Depends if you like cooking. If you can cook, or are willing to experiment there's loads of things you can do. As others have said work what it is you ENJOY eating around your calorie goal - food is a pleasure, not a life sentence
    :wink:
    If you really do want to cut down on a few calories then I find substituting beef mince for quorn mince cuts down on calories whilst still keeping protein in there. Not sure whether or not you're a veggie.
    Herbs and spices are also great fun to play around with - it's just trial and error and whilst ever you're enjoying yourself and it's sustainable, you're far more likely to stick with it.
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
    H :smile:
  • kimljungquist
    kimljungquist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg loaded with mushrooms and peppers. I just made a chilli using organic lean beef 200 cals a cup. I just made a pot of chicken and vegtable soup italian tomato base 170 cal a cup. 2 slices low cal wheat bread with peanut butter and sliced banana for breakfast. Shrimp cocktail for snacking and skinny popcorn.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Veggies, lean meats, eggs whites, fresh berries...