Am I lightly active or moderately active?

Options
On the tdee calculator, the options are lightly active (exercise 1-3 days a week) or moderately active (exercise 3-5 days a week). So I exercise 3 days a week. What am I? I do body pump and Zumba back to back 2 days a week and Zumba on Saturday.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Outside of your exercise are you sat down all day at work or on your feet all day?
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Outside of your exercise are you sat down all day at work or on your feet all day?

I am typically on my feet and have 2 small children that keep me running around also. I easily get about 13000-15000 steps per day.
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Use iifym.com. it lets you add more details like how hard you exercise and lifestyle. Its also one of the more accurate macro/tdee/but calculators.Then whichever mfp is closest to would be the best. But be careful iifym includes exercise cals so u don't eat them back
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Your activity level has nothing to do with how much you exercise. It's what you're doing most of the day. I work in an office so I have mine set to sedentary even though I run over 40 miles a week.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Your activity level has nothing to do with how much you exercise. It's what you're doing most of the day. I work in an office so I have mine set to sedentary even though I run over 40 miles a week.

Right, but I am using a tdee calculator which specifically asks how much you exercise. I'm trying to distinguish between the 1-3 days or 3-5 days because I do 3 days.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I am typically on my feet and have 2 small children that keep me running around also. I easily get about 13000-15000 steps per day.

Personally I would go with Moderately Active because 13000 steps per day is pretty active when accounting for that on top of your exercise. If you find that your progress is slower than expected based on Moderately Active you can always adjust calorie goals at a later date or vice versa, you could set it at Lightly Active and increase if you're finding you are still hungry.

I believe you are referring to the MFP activity levels which is not the same as some of the TDEE calculators that are available online which also include your regular exercise levels.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

That is false. We are talking about Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

I would try the calculator on the scooby website.