Does mfp take into account my loss?

Options
As I am losing weight is mfp adjusting my calorie goal down to prevent plateau? This article suggests I should drop my cals?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/389158-why-have-i-stopped-losing-weight/

I know it's early (10 days or so) but, pretty sure I am hitting that first "wall". Been a week with minimal loss... No major changes in measurements :-(

I know it was going to happen, my body has adjusted to my diet and exercise and is fighting. What tools should I use to fight back?

I'm not discouraged... Just wondering if business as usual is the best course. My diary is open if anyone wants to peek.... I tried making changes from advice the last time I posted. Except the booze. :-)

Replies

• RckyMtnTJ
    RckyMtnTJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It regularly changes your calorie intake goals to adjust for weight loss.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Honored to get your first post :-)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You need to be more patient otherwise you'll be a gibbering wreck every other week weight loss is not Linear one week you will lose more than others. MFP recalculate your goals every 10 pounds of losses. Be sensible though it's only a computer algorithm if it goes too low to an un sustainable level don't be scared to manually change it back up.
  • mrloserpunk
    Options
    You need to be more patient otherwise you'll be a gibbering wreck every other week weight loss is not Linear one week you will lose more than others. MFP recalculate your goals every 10 pounds of losses. Be sensible though it's only a computer algorithm if it goes too low to an un sustainable level don't be scared to manually change it back up.

First off... Crazy awesome avatar. You should earn irony points.

Second off, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over agan and expecting different results. Am I
    Approaching that with my diet and work out plan?

Or I by doing what I do am I adipose and will the fat just walk off?
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Only if you yourself go to My home > goals > change goals...

So you need to reset manually, recommended to do so at least every 10lbs lost. also if your daily activity changes (change of jobs, going on long vacation etc)
  • mrloserpunk
    Options

So you need to reset manually, recommended to do so at least every 10lbs lost. also if your daily activity changes (change of jobs, going on long vacation etc)

Weight.... What am I supposed to change manually?

Also I like puns. I do.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Don't let it worry you. You had some pretty unsustainable loss rates the last few weeks. (a friend) It's nice while it lasts!

You only need to change your goals if you choose use another method. Otherwise MFP will take care of it for you.
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's not your goals that need to be changed. You need to go the My Home > Check In > and enter your new weight. THEN it will recalculate your goals.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I believe MFP will adjust every 10 lbs., but prompts you to accept the changes.
  • mrloserpunk
    Options
    So, as long as I am updating my weight it's doing the work?
  • mrloserpunk
    Options
    Lol. Here I am all worried about my rate of loss. Step on the scale today and its 2lbs down :-)

#winningthemfpway!
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    MFP will not automatically adjust your goals. It will prompt you every 10 pounds but if you ignore the prompt your calorie goal will remain the same - i.e. even if your goal is 2 pounds per week, as you log weight over time and you are losing weight your deficit will shrink and won't be 1,000 calories.

My Home -> Goals

Your current deficit is on the right hand side: "Daily Calorie Deficit"
    To get MFP to recalculate "Your Daily Goal" without changing anything, click Change Goals -> Continue -> Update Profile.

I personally get it to recalculate after my weekly weigh-in so my calorie goal only goes down 10-20 kcal/day each week (such a small step I don't notice it).
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Weight.... What am I supposed to change manually?

Also I like puns. I do.

hehe

you are supposed to change your goals manually every 10lbs or so, that will change your calories for the day. just updating your weight will not change your daily calorie allowance.

grats on the loss btw :)