Any other woman 5 feet 3 inches ?

Options

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I too would upvote the strength training over losing additional weight below 5'3" 120lb. For most people at 5'3", I would guess that a toned >120lb looks better than a scrawny <120lb (but that will vary by person since we all have different builds).
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 120. I have gotten down to 112 but 120 seems to be where my body likes to be and I've learned to be okay with that
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    1117429 wrote: »
    q4ovnt7rs6a5.jpg
    Im not very small are you maybe taller then 5 3 JaydaMiss ?

Nah I am just very curvy maybe most my weight sits in thick thighs and big boobs. I have a tiny waist now though its what i started wanting :p Pic i took yesterday when i got a new mirror :p Excuse the mess. Point was i weigh WAY more than you your definatly petite great job :p Fyi I lost 80 pounds i also have alot of loose skin. Unfortunate isnt it? Battle scars atleast yours are from mommyhood x3 Maybe the loose skin hides how little you are in your mind?
    kxj5ydbr2t35.jpg

Yea you look great i carry weight in my bum and thighs i dont have very big boobs i wish lol !
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'3 club! I was 107 a year ago and now at 117. On my journey to get back to 107. I feltl better about myself when I was 107.. :s
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Time to start strength training and body recomp. 120 is a healthy weight. If you don't like how that fits you turning fat into muscle is the next step. Im 5'3 110-112 and working on that myself.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    These posts depress me a little. I'm 5'3 and started at 181. I'm currently 144 and my GW is 126 but I'm starting to think this won't be low enough
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120, and im 5"3. But afterwards i plan to strength train and tone up. It all depends on you, i seem to lose weight in my stomach, and keep more weight on my legs. Where as my mom keeps more weight in her stomach so she can easily be better at 115 lbs if she's worrying about a flat belly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and will just say that a lot depends on body composition and frame size. You'll know the right weight when you see it. I'm around 118 in my profile picture and today I weighed in at 115.6. I still would like to drop some body fat.

I used to be 5'3" before scoliosis shrunk me to 5'1". I have a large chest, but a smallish frame except for broad shoulders. I can stand to lose more weight. 120 was still too chunky for me.

And yes, lift weights.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    These posts depress me a little. I'm 5'3 and started at 181. I'm currently 144 and my GW is 126 but I'm starting to think this won't be low enough

Ditto with the depression! I was reading this thread and thinking about how i am 5'3" and have not been in my 120's since my early teens. I started at 183 pounds and I am now down to 159. My goal is 130. I work out a lot so any lower than that I would have to miserably starve myself while sacrificing muscle. Life to too short for all that.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". 150 but focusing on body recomp/performance rather than weight loss
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    don't let anyone set your body goals but you - for some people 130lbs is great - for me, 145lbs is my goals - don't feel depressed/despondent because of what others are aiming for
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Ditto with the depression! I was reading this thread and thinking about how i am 5'3" and have not been in my 120's since my early teens. I started at 183 pounds and I am now down to 159. My goal is 130. I work out a lot so any lower than that I would have to miserably starve myself while sacrificing muscle. Life to too short for all that.

Everyone's goal is different but I will say one thing, thinking that one has to starve themselves to be a certain weight is a huge misconception. If anything, working out more gives you more calories to play with. I'm highly active and, as I wrote earlier, 5'3" and 111 pounds. I maintain on 2,300 to 2,700 calories per day depending on how active I was. That is far from starving, I have muscle, and don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »

Everyone's goal is different but I will say one thing, thinking that one has to starve themselves to be a certain weight is a huge misconception. If anything, working out more gives you more calories to play with. I'm highly active and, as I wrote earlier, 5'3" and 111 pounds. I maintain on 2,300 to 2,700 calories per day depending on how active I was. That is far from starving, I have muscle, and don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything.

Amen to this. I'm 54 and still losing and hardly starving doing it because I'm active. I've built up slowly to this level of activity to the point it almost feels effortless. My TDEE is almost 2100-2200 lately, and I lose weight eating 1750-1800 calories. That's hardly starving.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »

I would second this. I'm around 110, I maintain on 1,900. I still log, but I don't feel like I'm starving at all. Some days I don't even eat all my calories (but it balances out weekly).

Everyone who is worried about what they will look like at their goal or how they won't be able to swing maintaining, I get worrying . . . but don't borrow trouble from the future, you know? You can figure it out when you get there and it's possible you'll be able to eat more than you think.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    5'3", 144 lbs. Most current picture on right. Curvy but have some muscle. Still working on building more. Goal is 135. I'll see how I look and go from there.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

126 looks fantastic on plenty of women who are 5' 3"

Check my pics out... I'm at 130 right now. Dont be depressed! And congrats on your progress!!!
  • mcouture3
    mcouture3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3" and my goal is to be 120. I've started and stopped so many times and I've only made it to 129. I'm back to 140 so I am starting all over again. I was 98 pounds until I was 23 and I always felt super self-conscious about my weight so I would be completely happy with 120. (I was healthy, Just small)
  • situationdesired
    Options
    You are so nice a skinny. You have done so well in just 11 weeks! Proud of you. I'm 5'3" and have a lot more weight to lose (so depressing) but it must be done for my health and happiness.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Body composition has so much to do with how a particular weight looks on several people of the same height. I'm 5'2" & 119 lbs, good amount of muscle and maybe 19% body fat. I've been this weight before but with higher body fat & it looked totally different.