Missed Opportunities

Options
124»

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    We were in a school trip close to London, back when I was 13, and there was this Spanish girl Lourdes.
    Wish I didn't give her a fake address, she just wanted to send me post cards probably :disappointed:
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    In my young years I was a choreographer partied too much missed to many gigs young equals dumb sometimes. Still love to dance
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts as a missed opportunity or connection.

I met a guy in college who was in almost all of my classes, we were lab partners in the darkroom labs, there was a mutual attraction that neither one of us spoke about or acted on because we were both in relationships with what would be our future ex-spouses. We stayed in touch for about a year after graduation, and as things happen, we drifted apart.

About 18 years (and two ex-hubands) later. I worked with his younger brother. When it came out that they were related, I asked his brother to have him get in touch with me. Found out years later that his brother never passed along the message, which was sad because we were both single at the time.

Fast forward another 20 years, and we did reconnect through Facebook via another one of his brothers. But sadly he now has a live in girlfriend, so there has only been some harmless flirting and conversations around what "might have been" if we had acted on the attraction.

But we do both have some wonderful kids with our respective ex spouses, so there is that. And we are still good friends.

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    Not sure if this counts as a missed opportunity or connection.

I met a guy in college who was in almost all of my classes, we were lab partners in the darkroom labs, there was a mutual attraction that neither one of us spoke about or acted on because we were both in relationships with what would be our future ex-spouses. We stayed in touch for about a year after graduation, and as things happen, we drifted apart.

About 18 years (and two ex-hubands) later. I worked with his younger brother. When it came out that they were related, I asked his brother to have him get in touch with me. Found out years later that his brother never passed along the message, which was sad because we were both single at the time.

Fast forward another 20 years, and we did reconnect through Facebook via another one of his brothers. But sadly he now has a live in girlfriend, so there has only been some harmless flirting and conversations around what "might have been" if we had acted on the attraction.

But we do both have some wonderful kids with our respective ex spouses, so there is that. And we are still good friends.

1c3005778f1fc767e1de7b8bb3146d3e.gif
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Awesome story & I don't think it's quite over yet ......Good Luck
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't even no where to start.............
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't even no where to start.............

Boy Howdy !

Start ? No idea.

The End ? .... ain't too sure about that either

But somewhere along the line, there was a girl from Encinitas, 3 bottles of tequila, a public beach and a very angry Mexican policeman.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    One time I was in Miami watching the Miami Heat kill the opposing team (When they still had Lebron) I had Amazing seats ...At one point the ball went out of bounce & landed in my lap ...So Lebron is sitting there looking at me like "Well ...Anyday now" So since I played some hoops B4 I passed him the ball like a pro ..He caught the ball & said "Damn!!!!" & just stared at me ,like who is that ...Later on a security guy came up & said "Lebron wants 2 know who u are &;do u play professionally or would u think about joining the Miami Heat & help them win a championship?" I said "Naaa ...I'm really just focusing on my karaoke career right now but tell him thanks" (This story was completely made up )
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    I had some money and rather than investing in Chipotle, I put it in a ROTH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    One time I was in Miami watching the Miami Heat kill the opposing team (When they still had Lebron) I had Amazing seats ...At one point the ball went out of bounce & landed in my lap ...So Lebron is sitting there looking at me like "Well ...Anyday now" So since I played some hoops B4 I passed him the ball like a pro ..He caught the ball & said "Damn!!!!" & just stared at me ,like who is that ...Later on a security guy came up & said "Lebron wants 2 know who u are &;do u play professionally or would u think about joining the Miami Heat & help them win a championship?" I said "Naaa ...I'm really just focusing on my karaoke career right now but tell him thanks" (This story was completely made up )

I knew this was fake because in real life Lebron would have flopped if you would have passed the ball too hard.