100 - 200 cal Snack & 300 - 400 cal Meal Ideas Please

Options
Hi everyone

I'm after low calorie snack and meal ideas please. Obviously there is fruit, yogurt, carrots, celery etc for snacks, and low calorie snack bars. But what does everyone else do to mix it up? Sometimes I finish my snack of yogurt and fruit, and I think is that it?

Also, after lunch ideas. I obviously have salad's with lean protein or on a cold day I have soup, but do others have good low cal lunch recipes / ideas?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Replies

• foodvslift
    Options
    I like to do dried or fresh fruit as my snack. For meals, I usually have 4 oz of lean protein and lots of veggies, maybe 10 oz of steamed green beans with peppers and onions, or zucchini and squash, asparagus..I season my veggies with different types of mrs. dash or whatever and also like to sprinkle it with a little bit of parm. cheese so its pretty tastey.
  • bfelix987
    bfelix987 Posts: 1
    Options
    You may not be into frozen foods but lean cuisin has drastically improved their meals and a lot of them are around 300 calories. I bring them to work and try to eat one a day for a meal with some sort of salad and protein for another meal. My biggest problem comes from often being hungry but drinking water, tea and coffee really help with cravings.
  • podgeford123
    Options
    Snack: Protein bars, make sure it is low sugar (not easy to find in the US, I get mine in Germany, 40% protein), 150cal, no hunger for 4 hours

Soup, veggies with (chicken) stock, make it yourself with tons of chilli and paprika...I always loose weight when I eat paprika...nearly everyone in Hungary is fit, there is something in it

Turkish breakfasts also work great (google for ideas)...
  • podgeford123
    Options
    So processed though, your body wont know what is happening to it...i.e. hunger pangs...I never get hunger pangs and we dont really have the same processed foods you get in the US (live in Holland now)...I lived in the US, Boston, and was always hungry and put on 15-20lb in 1 year...I find removing processed anything, I loose weight easily, and I dont get ups and downs, well with hunger anyway, mood is another thing...good luck