It Works? Scam or nah?

Options
I have some friends (especially the particular one who is in a constant pestering state) who sell the It Works! products.

I don't have issue with people making money selling stuff that works for them (the pestering one lost a lot of weight) but do you believe that these products can help people who have various ailments or medical challenges during their weight loss journey? Some of them claim that these products work miracles and it doesn't matter what condition someone is in. Especially the wraps.

Is it worth the money like they say? Are they being real friends by lying to me if their products aren't really legit?

Two loaded questions, I know. Just want to know your thoughts, MFP fam. Have a blessed day, ya'll!

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It Works! is a multi-level-marketing company that claims a staggering $538 million in revenue last year and $1.2 billion in three years, with more than a million recurring customers. The cosmetics upstart is powered by a global network of 100,000 distributors who do most of their sales through social media — a 21st-century version of the direct-sales business model popularized by Avon.

The company has done all of this despite its main product, “that crazy wrap thing,” having no clinically proven long-term benefits.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    standard MLM
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Nah.

Eta- You need new friends.

if the question is scam or nah, the answer would be "scam"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    The only miracle these products will do is make your wallet magically lighter..
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Ripoff.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have some friends (especially the particular one who is in a constant pestering state) who sell the It Works! products.

I don't have issue with people making money selling stuff that works for them (the pestering one lost a lot of weight) but do you believe that these products can help people who have various ailments or medical challenges during their weight loss journey? Some of them claim that these products work miracles and it doesn't matter what condition someone is in. Especially the wraps.

Is it worth the money like they say? Are they being real friends by lying to me if their products aren't really legit?

Two loaded questions, I know. Just want to know your thoughts, MFP fam. Have a blessed day, ya'll!

Help with what medical challenges or ailments? No, if you have medical challenges or ailments you should get help from a qualified medical professional not buy snake oil.
    No, I don't believe these products perform miracles, help you lose weight or be healthier. Just eat a nutritious diet and have a calorie deficit.
    Your friends may truly believe in the products or they just want to sell stuff. If you say no thanks they should back off though.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    It doesnt.
  • Jeanniewashington2015
    Options
    Scam!!!!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Essentially, it's a more expensive version of a hefty bag and duct tape.

Which is hopefully not to suggest that a hefty bag and duct tape are in any way a good idea.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The one person I knew who sold it always posted her personal goals...mostly to reach the next sales level...and never once spoke of weight loss
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    scam, just like most of the stuff in the fitness industry one big scam, the only thing that works is them taking your money
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Scam. I feel bad for the people who spend upwards of hundreds of dollars on it based on testimonials that are either fake or from people who are using it in conjunction with actual weight loss. The "crazy wrap thing" isn't actually crazy at all. It's glorified saran wrap... They also sell incredibly overpriced protein shakes and this stuff called "greens." From what I understand it's a drink mix that gives you your daily servings of fruits and veggies. That's nice and all, but totally unnecessary if you're eating a well balanced diet.