Carbs, Cravings, Hypoglycemia ...

Hi ... so I have been eating healthy (higher protein and lower carb with plenty of veggies and healthy fats) since the new year and am down 10 pounds. I definitely notice a pattern of cravings after I eat wheat bread, high carb fruit, atkins bar or a potato at lunch. My energy is good and no cravings when I stick to protein shakes, almond milk and berries for breakfast and large salad with fresh veggies, roast chicken, sprinkle of sunflower seeds and EVOO with balsamic for lunch. Snacks are cottage cheese, greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, string cheese or raw almonds and dinner might be lean protein and a couple of servings of steam veggies with almond milk. When I deviate I crave junk. When I eat a cookie or chips my body feels awful an hour or so after. I have about 50 pounds to lose and have recently started walking tapes with light hand weights. I have to eat balanced meals or my hypoglycemia kicks in big time. I am having trouble getting in 1200 - 1300 calories per day and feel like I am eating all the time. Is it alright to limit my carbs on a consistent basis since they make me feel so lousy? Thanks for any feedback!!