Fitness TV UK

Options
Hi Everyone!

Flicking through the TV channels last night on Sky I came across Fitness TV UK. Looks like a great place to try out different exercises - pilates, yoga, aerobics etc. I'm thinking I need to step up my exercise routine...only so much brisk walking you can do without getting bored....so maybe this would be a start?

Has anyone tried any of the exercise programmes on the channel? Would love to hear opinions :-)

Have a great day! :smile:

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    lol... I came accross this channel last night too ( probably because there seemed to be absolutely nothing on last night!!) I've set my sky plus to record a few. I done the wake up with whatsit one the morning which was ok got me a bit hot and im hoping to do the ladens bum tums and thigs one later when I get back from work... time permitting :) I did start the big workout programme but the guy in it was really annoying me so I had to switch it off (any excuse lol)
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know about Body in Balance on Sky (275) here in Ireland but to be honest I use it in emergencies only when I can't go to the gym...the Intensive Yoga lessons are very good it really gets your heart pumping.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Do you happen to know if the same channel is on Virgin? We don't have Sky...
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi princessorchid! I have checked on Fitness TVs website but I can't find any reference to Virgin...mind you...couldn't find any reference to Sky either.... Might be worth a Google?
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    I do watch it LOL Have not joined in with the exercises but I find that having it on in the background keeps me focused ha ha ha

Sometimes I find they spend too much time explaining rather than just getting on with a good workout, to much start stop if that makes sense. You also have the active channel as well.

One thing I have picked up are some kettlebell moves from the infomercials!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    was hoping to do a few of these today as I have had to cancel my gym membership - hope they actually work!
  • princess_f
    Options
    my friends been trying a couple of them (midmorning - week days, not sure which one though!) and said she can feel it to the point of being sore the next day!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    have to say, did the aerobics this morning and didnt enjoy it, found it a bit too "boring" for me, didnt feel any burn even though I was working my bum off, would rather be on a cross trainer, ended up switching off after 30 mins :(