I eat in my work truck everyday

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs
    Sliced bread
    Raw veggies and Laughing Cow Cheese
    Any type of sandwich (tuna, ham and cheese, butters, etc.)
    Protein or meal replacement bars
    Google is your best friend to get creative
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    tuna, crackers, guac, and fruit
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is tuna salad mounded into a raw tomato that has been cut through into segments and placed on a bed of torn lettuce leaves, sprinkled with lemon and a pinch of salt.. Tuna and tomato taste so good to me, and because the tomato has been cut up, it's easy to fork through,

Another good one is to make a wrap using left over cooked meat and some veggies ... I like one that has chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber strip, casesar salad dressing in it.

Here's a 3rd one ... Soup eaten out of a wide mouth lunch box thermos, with a piece of fruit to add to the meal. Just so you don't have to have cold lunch all the time!

Cold oven-fried chicken drumstick, carrot and celery strips.

Cottage cheese and crushed pineapple out of a recycled cottage cheese tub, with a few ritz or saltine crackers on the side. ... Well, you might not like pineapple, so you can do cut up grapes, or strawberries, or blueberries, etc.

Egg Salad on either bread, in a wrap (they are available in whole wheat and also in low-carb), or in a cup with crackers to scoop them up with to eat. A side of cut up vegetable and a piece of fruit.

Wide mouth lunch box thermos full of hot chili, or full of left over stew, or casserole with a piece of fruit on the side.

hope some of these ideas spark your desire to try it out.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm totally an eat-in-the-car gal. There are some great suggestions here, but I also often eat while I drive, so finger foods are key! Here are some of my faves...
    Pita bread w/ peanut butter & a banana.
    Nuts & sliced peppers and cucumbers.
    Chili in a thermos.(ok, this one I pull over for)
    Apple, almonds, & pretzels.