Does MFP Adjust Your Calories When You Report Weight Loss?

Options
I know you need fewer calories as you slim down; does MFP re-adjust your calories when you re-adjust your weight?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. I don't know what they use as a threshold (like every five pounds lost, adjust calories) but it does.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • TheCurseofDolkite
    TheCurseofDolkite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks..was just wondering!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No, MFP does not automatically readjust your calories when you lose weight. You have to manually adjust it. I've lost 24 lbs now and MFP never adjusted my calories when I recording my weight unless I went to my goals and recalculated my goal.
  • TheCurseofDolkite
    TheCurseofDolkite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I hope to be in that position soon.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have never been offered the opportunity to recalculate my calorie goal, and I've lost 35 pounds. I just go into my Settings every so often and force a re-calculation.
  • MakingItHappen2017
    MakingItHappen2017 Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ? On 1200 calories, currently 100.8kg. Does it mean I will have to have less calories to continue loosing weight. Once I have last say 10kg? Have I started too low on calories? (Not working out, maybe I just start working out when the scales don't move?) any advice appreciated please
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ? On 1200 calories, currently 100.8kg. Does it mean I will have to have less calories to continue loosing weight. Once I have last say 10kg? Have I started too low on calories? (Not working out, maybe I just start working out when the scales don't move?) any advice appreciated please

I doubt it will set you lower than 1200, isnt that its lowest permitted setting? I guess you will either settle for a slowe weight loss as you get nearer your goal, or increase your energy expended .. or both!

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

If you're 100kg, you should not be eating 1200 calories. Your body burns more than that just keeping you alive.

Set up your profile properly and pick a reasonable weight loss goal. Eat those calories as you will bottom out at 1200 real fast. You have no room to decrease as you lose weight.
  • MakingItHappen2017
    Options
    Thanks. New to this so not sure how I ended up with 1200 calories. Will have a look at goal as I don't want to buy bottom out. trying to loose as much as I can before Ivf next month. Thanks for the advice
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    If you are short you may just be stuck with 100 calories. I get around 1400 for 1 lb/week. That's just the way it is unfortunately...