Hunger & snacking

Options
I have been eating small meals (300) × 3 and snacks (200) x 2. Breakfast is at about 6am, first snack at 9 am, lunch at 11 am, last at 1 pm. I am quite hungry in between each of my meals and starving when I get home from work at 3. I am a house keeper in a hospital so I am fairly active at work. Each snack is made with a protein and either a veggie or fruit. Ugggg... I am so frustrated. I feel great and on track all day and then come home and derail myself every time.... suggestions please!

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Managing hunger/satiety is a very individual thing. What works for someone else may not work for you. With that in mind, here are a couple of suggestions:

Figure out which macro(s) are most satiating for you (usually it's either proteins, fats or fiber) and incorporate more of those into your meals or snacks. For me, proteins satiate me the most. If I don't eat a protein rich breakfast, I'm starving by mid morning and will likely snack (a lot) until lunch. Ditto the other meals of the day.

Also, perhaps eating a lot of smaller meals isn't the best approach for you. Try eating a 500 calorie breakfast and see if you can make it to lunch without having a snack.