Any "healthy" restaurants

Options
So I know Panda Express has a great low cal menu and Pancheros, chick fillet anywhere else?!

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, Freebirds, Moe's.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Applebee's, chili's, outback.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most places do, honestly. Just check the websites for nutrition information.

Arguably, the amount of sodium in a lot of those places doesn't really make for a 'healthy' option though.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat at quesada fairly regularly
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I eat relatively low calories, so some of the places mentioned were a little to high in calories for some of my meals. But my one, Friday night go-to, was always Panera. I could get a Pick 2 with turkey chili and salad for under 500 calories and it seemed to be good quality and decent portions.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most restaurants do low calorie meals, depending on what you select... i.e. a bunless burger could be a low calorie meal if you really wanted it to be.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid excess sodium (I retain water like crazy) and don't want to blow all my calories in one meal, so I end up at Panera a lot. It's a style of food I like and they make a really good salad.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My only comment is to avoid taco cabana unless you've got the calories. My favorite meal there (2 bean and cheese tacos with some chips and queso) is damn near 1,300 calories. And this is seriously NOT a lot of food.

;)
  • FitBody3
    FitBody3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Any Vietnamese or Thai restaurant. Thing is, health isn't just about food. The problem with weight issues is over consumption.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This. I lost all my weight not by logging calories but by eating the exact same things . The only difference was I ate slower and stopped eating when I felt satisfied. And I eat out 4-6 times per week.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I eat at Noodles & Co and Chick Fil A quite a bit for under 500 calories each. I can get 600 calories at Chipotle if I do a kids meal.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've gotten pretty good at ordering healthy food no matter where I go. I don't really see any restaurant as being "healthy" vs "unhealthy" because pretty much all of them offer a variety of foods. I typically get veggies, fruit or rice instead of fries, go for grilled meats over fried, and always get water. If someone was the kind of person to see a chocolate lava cake on the menu and lack the willpower to not order it then I can see where having to find a healthy restaurant would be a necessity lol.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Any Vietnamese or Thai restaurant. Thing is, health isn't just about food. The problem with weight issues is over consumption.

Yes.

I spent over 8 years full time (Mon-Fri) on the road for business, and gradually got used to restaurant portions being "normal." Now, I'm trying to shed the weight I gained - even though I thought I was making good choices about WHAT to eat, I went way off on HOW MUCH.

My advice: eat good choices, and leave some on the plate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most places have healthy options...not to be confused with low calorie necessarily...healthy and low calorie aren't necessarily the same thing.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What do you mean by healthy? As long as it's part of an otherwise healthy overall diet, it just comes down to cals, right?

If that's the case, you can do "moderate" calorie meals almost anywhere. As a general rule I'll try to avoid sauces and butters and dressings and such. If a meal comes with 2 sides, I'll only get 1. Most any chicken dish can become lowish cal... most steaks can be moderate... broiled, grilled or blackened fish.

Additionally, anything you can assemble yourself you have control over. Fajitas are a go-to for me.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I really only focus on calorie intake and then eating a varied diet, which includes eating out several times a week :D My go to is Subway and there's numerous options that are reasonable for calories.