Is anyone else counting the calories of the things they drink?

Options
Hi my name is Christal. I have a question for everyone. When you inter your meals into your diary do you add what you had to drink through the day as well?

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water but if it has calories I log it. If you don't you're just doing yourself a disservice.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't log low calorie drinks such as Diet Coke even though some do have a couple of calories, but then I don't log the steps I take in work or at home so it's really not going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things for me. If I was drinking an alcoholic beverage or a drink with significant calories in it like a regular drink then yes I would count it but that is a rare thing for me as I normally drink sparkling spring water.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    yes of course! One bottle of coke has 240 calories! Simply Orange Orange juice has about 100 per cup, so yeah, they make a HUGE difference.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Apply your critical thinking skills. Are you counting calories? Do your drinks have calories? If yes, they should be counted.

This.

I normally do not drink my calories, but if I do, then they count, so must be logged.

Don't forget creamer/sugar from coffee or tea.
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't log them but the only things I drink besides water is zero coca cola and black coffee , even though coffee does have some calories in it but I don't know how many ....
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    currently drinking a 460 calorie smoothie for breakfast. Yeah, I definitely count it. Zero calorie Diet Coke? No. I don't see a reason to. If it has calories - yes. I think if you're trying to count calories, the answer lies right in front of you...
  • hila_13
    hila_13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I put in drinks with calories (juice, milk, etc.) but skip the ones with none (or very few). I don't put in tea or coffee unless I add milk or sugar.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    hlektra28 wrote: »
    I don't log them but the only things I drink besides water is zero coca cola and black coffee , even though coffee does have some calories in it but I don't know how many ....

Black coffee, no sugar, is at most 5 cals from everything I've read. I stopped logging it. I have 3 a day, so max I'm missing is 15, probably closer to 5. My daily vitamins are more than that. Wait, I log those but just to be sure I took them.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I log everything (coffee, gum, sugar packet) - even if 0 calories. Mainly because if I don't see results, I can look back and see what I'm putting in my system that may be slowing me down (like Diet Pop was the culprit last week).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I log everything (coffee, gum, sugar packet) - even if 0 calories. Mainly because if I don't see results, I can look back and see what I'm putting in my system that may be slowing me down (like Diet Pop was the culprit last week).

You can't necessarily put lack of results down to what you're eating and drinking, hormones can also play a big part in female weight fluctuation. It can also be down to overall hydration.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't always log no calorie drinks, such as coke zero or diet dr. pepper. But I do log my creamer in my coffee and if I decide to have juice or regular soda then Yes. Regular soda is very high calorie. Even my veggie juice has 80 calories per cup!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    How was diet soda the culprit preventing you from seeing results?
    I know it stalls me. When I put a scoop of ice cream in it. :/

That's what Halo Top is for.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

How was diet soda the culprit preventing you from seeing results?

Maybe it tipped the scale on the sodium and you were retaining water? I don't drink soda anymore, but have had friends tell me drinking it seems to add to water weight retention.
  • chmbsn
    chmbsn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log everything because Im not just counting calories, I track sugars, carbs, the whole thing so I can have and maintain the best calories I can so I can see faster results. I try and balance everything as best I can so I literally log in EVERYTHING haha. it also keeps me honest and constantly thinking about what I want to " waste calories on" or if I want to use them for something better or different.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I even log my non-caloric drinks (like teas, coffee, water). It's important to see what nutrients you are taking in plus what you might still need at day's end. Sometimes, that helps me determine what to eat when I need a snack (low calorie day) or what I need to still work on. :)
  • suede313
    suede313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that say every calorie counts. I log everything that goes in my mouth (except water which goes in another spot)