It's TIME!

Options
So I'm just gonna post a little blurb here about myself and why I'm here.

I'm 29 recently moved back home with my parents after leaving a 9 year abusive relationship, so I'm healing in more ways than one. One of the ways I coped over the time I was in that situation, I used alcohol and food to dull the pain I was feeling and here I am, 83 days later, heartbroken, overweight, but hoping for the best!

So I've been here at MFP before and it's worked for me before, I lost about 25 lbs at one point and here I am, 25 lbs heavier plus some. :/ So I'm trying to stay motivated! Motivation is my biggest problem, along with temptations when it comes to food. I need help to stay away from over-eating/maintaining portion sizes, and pop and TONS of encouragement to stay exercising!

As of today, I'm on day 2 of my journey. Only had one soda yesterday, huge accomplishment for me, and spent 25 minutes on the elliptical both days! My goal today is not to have ANY soda and drink more water! SO other people in this situation, what are some of the ways you stay motivated? What are notes or pictures or ANYTHING you do to stay motivated!! SHARE please so I can stay on track and heal my mind, heart, and soul... ALONG with my body!

Good luck to everyone!!
We can do this!

Replies

• buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great start!! that's awesome!

This is my second time doing MFP as well. The first time was in 2013 and I lost close to 30lbs. I got a new job, a sedentary desk job, with a boss and co-workers who all enjoyed donuts and sweets and potlucks. Those 30lbs came back on faster thank I could blink.

I started my new journey on 1/15/17 :) I started at 219.1 lbs, and when I weighed myself this morning I was 212.1. I also gave up soda and switched to mostly water and brewed green tea :)

For me, my motivation is the little things. The fact that I can put my jeans on right out of the dryer and not have to hop around and squeeze myself into them. The little bit of collarbone that I can see when I wear a low-cut shirt. The almost-gone double chin. I also have some really nice shirts that I bought after I lost weight the first time, and I'd love to get back into them.

You've got this! keep the momentum going :)