BMRx1.2 a realistic goal for being COMPLETELY sedentary?

This is semi hypothetical as my activity level will be increasing eventually, but given that at the moment my daily activity is limited basically to doing the washing up, cooking dinner, sleeping and sitting down, is BMRx1.2 actually needed? or will i actually be burning less than that? does sedentary assume my NEAT is higher than that, or will i genuinely burn 1.2x more calories sitting on my bum and typing?

Replies

• MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    I've checked your food diary. Please eat more. Regardless of how sedentary you are, you should not be consistently eating under 1000 calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    With only 7lbs to lose "I aim for 1000 cals a day deficit" is really inappropriate.

Tracking protein (at least) would also be sensible. Would also track fibre based on your food choices.
  • cookiedope
    cookiedope Posts: 11 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    With only 7lbs to lose "I aim for 1000 cals a day deficit" is really inappropriate.

Tracking protein (at least) would also be sensible. Would also track fibre based on your food choices.

i've got a lot more than that to lose, don't worry. i like to split it into 20lb segments or i get overwhelmed by the amount
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

i've got a lot more than that to lose, don't worry. i like to split it into 20lb segments or i get overwhelmed by the amount

Is your profile picture recent? It really doesn't look like you have 40 pounds to lose.