Well I guess it is about time

Options
I was always husky as a kid but thin in High School. Put on some weight in college. In my late 20's, I was starting to get fairly flabby. At that time I got pretty involved in the gym. Lifting mostly but also a fair amount of running. I remember having to stop at Burger joints just to slow down the weight loss. At one point, I was about 7% body fat. And I could not imagine not going to the gym. So one move to a new town and one car accident later...... and I never seemed able to get into the groove of the Gym again. I blame the accident mostly. I was pretty messed up on my left shoulder and left side for months. And of course life keeps happening and time rolls on. Dont get me wrong. I tried to get back into the groove. I really wanted it...but I was never feeling it. And then one day I find myself working the mid shift, in a chair on a computer.... 260lbs and thinking that this is the way the 40's just go. Then the day happens. I hit 283lbs when I was weighed this past Dec on a checkup. I am now 50. And something about creeping so close to 300. Something about knowing it is just going to get worse at this rate for now on. Something inside of me said no more. I ordered some attachments and lubed up my Ironmaster Smith machine that spent far too long in storage. I honestly think the only reason that I never sold it was because I paid to much freekin money on this thing in my 20's. I started talking to a nutritionist. And to my surprise, I am finding my old groove again. This time the gym is in my basement, not across the street...but I admit to really liking it there. It has been a little over 2 months. I am now down in the 240's and dropping. I am feeling parts pull on shirts that I have not felt in years. And I am starting to get a faint memory of what I used to feel in the gym. Now if the crazy old ladies avoid running me over again, I think things are looking up.

Replies

• charlottesweb24
    charlottesweb24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You got this! Its always hard to get back into it, but you are definitely on the right track.
  • lottathought
    lottathought Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will feel proud when I hit my final goal. At the moment, I am going to my eye on where I want to be.