5 day strength training routine

Options
I found this 5 day strength training routine & it was exactly what I was looking for.

Not overly complicated for this 48yr old lightweight & if I can follow it anybody can...lol

BTW I skip the abs & cardio portion most days. I don't have enough gas in the tank to do all that yet.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/24-doug---s-5-day-high-definition-routine.html

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    I found this 5 day strength training routine & it was exactly what I was looking for.

Not overly complicated for this 48yr old lightweight & if I can follow it anybody can...lol

BTW I skip the abs & cardio portion most days. I don't have enough gas in the tank to do all that yet.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/24-doug---s-5-day-high-definition-routine.html

I'm glad you found something you like.

I like compound movements a lot more than isolation exercises...I feel they are more 'bang for your buck'.

Keep up the good work!
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Looks more like a bodybuilding program designed for cutting/competition prep, but more power to you if you're enjoying it.
  • k2theSo
    k2theSo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Definitely some volume there. If you like it, cool. Are you in a deficit? I'd prefer heavier compound lifts in a deficit, but I'd consider something like this in a surplus or maintenance, if physique was my goal.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Definitely some volume there. If you like it, cool. Are you in a deficit? I'd prefer heavier compound lifts in a deficit, but I'd consider something like this in a surplus or maintenance, if physique was my goal.

I'm eating @ a deficit. Unfortunately I let my goal weight slip away from over-eating & drinking and wound up right back to where I started a year ago. I set my weight loss to 1lbs per week so I'm not stressing over what the scale says. I have some nasty belly fat that needs to go by the summer. My priorities now are to be as fit as I can be & to stay this way....