Is there anyone else here who can eat a whole loaf of bread?

Options

Replies

• Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Man I haven't had bread in about 2 months and I absolutely LOVE bread! You guys are main me crave it! Lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,103 Member
    Options
    lmunik wrote: »
    Hey. I can eat almost a full container of ice cream, or definately a large bag ofnchocolate every nite. It was out of control!!! You are not alone. Sharples. Some od its emotional, some bad choices and munching at night. I also have no will power if its in the house. Since I started MFP Ive eliminated this crazy eating. But firna chuxh Valentines dinner they had desert and chocolate on the table and I couldnt stop myself. It was so good! Any suggestions?

It is one meal of one day. It will not affect your long term progress. My personal view on this is that there are times, and this church event may be one, were it is more valuable to enjoy your time there without feeling like you messed up, and just eat the stuff. Try to log it as best you can, and go on with life getting back to your calorie goal the next day. I also don't deny myself things like desert and chocolate, I just seek to eat them within my calorie goal. Since exercise add to that goal, if I know I will be eating over it, I exercise more so I will either not go over or go over by less.
  • Grandma201114
    Grandma201114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb addict! I totally understand!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's not the carbs nor the fat...

It's the chemicals, preservatives, pesticides and herbicides, dyes, sweeteners, artificial flavors, "natural" flavors (why won't just say what it is), oils, sodium and other crap they don't mind poisoning us with so they can sell a more addictive, cheaper product.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i used to do that, but doing low carb high fat....bread does not fit in and i was more sick of being fat than i am of not having the bread
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone else here who can eat a whole loaf of bread?

Yes, Oprah!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

It's the chemicals, preservatives, pesticides and herbicides, dyes, sweeteners, artificial flavors, "natural" flavors (why won't just say what it is), oils, sodium and other crap they don't mind poisoning us with so they can sell a more addictive, cheaper product.

Except when we're talking about bread, I'm more likely to want to devour a loaf fresh out of the oven of a local organic bakery (who bakes in small batches with none of the stuff you mention) than a generic loaf from the supermarket....
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Bread is super tasty. Time was when I'd eat an entire baguette for breakfast. (I was in college then, on a varsity sports team and walking everywhere, so burning calories like anything.) Right now I have to limit myself very strictly.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Sigh.

Bread will not harm you and has no chemicals in it that will hurt you. They are not poisoning us.

Where did I put my tin hat?

• JstTheWayIam
    Options

Sigh.

Bread will not harm you and has no chemicals in it that will hurt you. They are not poisoning us.

Where did I put my tin hat?

Wow, what a prick :D
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh god no. Never. I am not a bread or pasta person at all.
    Now a whole bag of Reese's? I can eat that no problem
  • ccsernica
    Options

Here's the bread I'm most "addicted" to: https://www.beckmannsbakery.com/shop/german-farm-bread-round

Please look at the ingredients list and identify any of the components you mentioned, because I just ain't seeing them.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    I'm being misunderstood...

I'm not saying there are no good breads
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    surreychic wrote: »
    I can avoid the chocolate, but yesterday I brought a lovely loaf of seeded high protein bread. I had apprehensions about getting it because I have previously found I can't resist it, ridiculous as it sounds, it's so healthy. This morning, it's all gone! I had no sleep yesterday due to a young child being awake all night. I brought the bread with the best of intentions but I have three slices then want more! The whole thing has gone. In my massive tummy hashtag greed.

That's why I buy only the *kitten* breads that taste like cardboard. I had the same issue here, couldn't stop eating the bread so I don't buy the "healthy" ones.
  • ccsernica
    Options
    I'm being misunderstood...

I'm not saying there are no good breads

Yeah, you kinda did.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    God yes! Fresh white bread! The whole loaf - absolutely.
    I wasn't allowed it as a child.
    It's now my Christmas Eve treat. A whole loaf with whatever the hell I feel like, in sandwiches, with lashings of butter.
    Can't poo for three days afterwards lol.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad it's not just me! My other half doesn't understand it, he says "but I feel full after two slices, how on earth can you eat loaf?".... nom nom.

Put two slices in the toaster, close the bag and put it away, go back to toaster when its finished, eat toat with your desired spread, DONE. I do this almost every day. Simple.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Bread is one of those things I don't keep around because it does something weird to my brain that triggers my hunger "like a fat kid in a candy store". I think it's flour in general that sets me off, because even low carb breads like tortilla factory get me going like a rabid animal.

So yeah, I could eat a whole loaf of bread. Dipped in a jar of nutella like some kind of animal. :):)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I can avoid the chocolate, but yesterday I brought a lovely loaf of seeded high protein bread. I had apprehensions about getting it because I have previously found I can't resist it, ridiculous as it sounds, it's so healthy. This morning, it's all gone! I had no sleep yesterday due to a young child being awake all night. I brought the bread with the best of intentions but I have three slices then want more! The whole thing has gone. In my massive tummy hashtag greed.

What's your definition of a loaf of bread? How big is this loaf? I get a large loaf of Bran Sandwich bread - 980g with about 24 slices. No way is that going to be eaten all at once.