Ouija board

Options
2»

Replies

• Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure I believe in all that, but I still haven't tried one nor intend to.. and I AM religious. I read the Bible every night and have for 18 years. I have never seen anything in the Bible about symbols or games opening doorways but there is possessions like in the case of legion and the boy with epilepsy. It didn't take candles and chanting to cure them like in horror flicks though. That's just ridiculous. Why humans feel the need to turn everything into a huge production and ascribe supernatural abilities on powerless objects is beyond me. I place oija boards and tarot card stuff in the same category as praying to baal. Of course the Bible says not to have anything to do with mediums and familiar spirits and that the dead has nothing to do with the living world. They can't communicate with us.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    I'm not sure I believe in all that, but I still haven't tried one nor intend to.. and I AM religious. I read the Bible every night and have for 18 years. I have never seen anything in the Bible about symbols or games opening doorways but there is possessions like in the case of legion and the boy with epilepsy. It didn't take candles and chanting to cure them like in horror flicks though. That's just ridiculous. Why humans feel the need to turn everything into a huge production and ascribe supernatural abilities on powerless objects is beyond me. I place oija boards and tarot card stuff in the same category as praying to baal. Of course the Bible says not to have anything to do with mediums and familiar spirits and that the dead has nothing to do with the living world. They can't communicate with us.

Ouji rates up there with detox cleanses and essential oils. I still have to believe my mom though.
  • Momtafo
    Momtafo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My mom , her cousin and my aunt did it. They were only like 12 & they asked for George Washington to come through. Nothing happened at first & then my grannies rocking chair started rocking back & forth violently. They freaked out and never touched the board again. Lol Never found out if it was Georgie tho.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was 18, I was hanging around with a group of people who didn't know me that well. They were playing with a ouija board. I was entirely sober and I don't touch drugs. I was just sitting to one side, not taking part in any of it. After a while, one of them who didn't know me but was messing around with the board said that somebody wanted to talk. Then they spelled out, unprompted: "Okay, Buckwheat." My best friend (that none of these people had ever met) died in a car accident a year before. He used to say 'Okay, Buckwheat' ALL THE TIME, numerous times every day. I'm sure it was just a coincidence.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have seen the movie but I have never played with the game
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    This is exactly like the one we used to have in the 70's. And the eye was very active with barely even touching it.
    xzg46ess7b7i.gif
  • hbwin92
    hbwin92 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher once tell us to never ever mess with them. I don't wanna mess with anything I don't understand either.

I was at a sleepover once when I was in high school and one of the girls offered to take out her board. I refused to participate.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hk_fitt wrote: »
    I had a teacher once tell us to never ever mess with them. I don't wanna mess with anything I don't understand either.

I was at a sleepover once when I was in high school and one of the girls offered to take out her board. I refused to participate.

don't be afraid if u have played the board, there is a way out

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    This is exactly like the one we used to have in the 70's. And the eye was very active with barely even touching it.
    xzg46ess7b7i.gif

Just like the original :=)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Never played with one, but I do have an experience with one that scared the ever-loving crap out of me. I swear I'm not making this up.

When I was about 14 I was poking around in my grandparent's garage when we were visiting for a summer, and I found a Ouija board on a shelf. I specifically remember that the box flap had a tear, and when I pulled it down from the shelf, my fingers drew long, fresh track marks in the film of dust that covered the top. I pulled out the board and took a look at it out of curiosity. Then remembering my parents' lesson to never play with them (same as some above posters' sentiments; never mess with stuff you don't understand or can't control)

I decided that it had no place at my grandma's house. I took a pair of my grandpa's thick gardening shears and clipped the board into about 8 pieces. Then I put the pieces back into the box, and threw the box away in the next-door neighbor's trash. (I didn't want my grandparents to find out and then I'd have to explain myself for snooping and wrecking their stuff.)

The next day I was back in the garage, and in the same place as where I found the Ouija board, I saw a Ouija board box. One with a torn flap and fresh finger marks in dust on top. I opened it, and pulled out a single, unbroken Oiuja board. I flipped out. I broke it in two over my knee, stuffed it back in the box and threw it away in the neighbor's trash again.

Now, I can't promise that there wasn't a second Ouija board set under the first one that I garden-sheared. I can't say for certain that there weren't two there to begin with. Maybe both boxes had torn flaps, and my disturbing the topmost one put marks on the dust on the second, and I just didn't see it until the next day. A part of me HOPES that that was the case, because the alternative explanation is downright frickin terrifying.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    I did it last night. Said someone on here was going to have diarrhea

who doesn't poo here is not human....
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    I did it last night. Said someone on here was going to have diarrhea

who doesn't poo here is not human....

Women don't poop :=) lol
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Never played with one, but I do have an experience with one that scared the ever-loving crap out of me. I swear I'm not making this up.

When I was about 14 I was poking around in my grandparent's garage when we were visiting for a summer, and I found a Ouija board on a shelf. I specifically remember that the box flap had a tear, and when I pulled it down from the shelf, my fingers drew long, fresh track marks in the film of dust that covered the top. I pulled out the board and took a look at it out of curiosity. Then remembering my parents' lesson to never play with them (same as some above posters' sentiments; never mess with stuff you don't understand or can't control)

I decided that it had no place at my grandma's house. I took a pair of my grandpa's thick gardening shears and clipped the board into about 8 pieces. Then I put the pieces back into the box, and threw the box away in the next-door neighbor's trash. (I didn't want my grandparents to find out and then I'd have to explain myself for snooping and wrecking their stuff.)

The next day I was back in the garage, and in the same place as where I found the Ouija board, I saw a Ouija board box. One with a torn flap and fresh finger marks in dust on top. I opened it, and pulled out a single, unbroken Oiuja board. I flipped out. I broke it in two over my knee, stuffed it back in the box and threw it away in the neighbor's trash again.

Now, I can't promise that there wasn't a second Ouija board set under the first one that I garden-sheared. I can't say for certain that there weren't two there to begin with. Maybe both boxes had torn flaps, and my disturbing the topmost one put marks on the dust on the second, and I just didn't see it until the next day. A part of me HOPES that that was the case, because the alternative explanation is downright frickin terrifying.

Sooo. The board that we had was in my bedroom closet. I stood on the chair to reach and get it down. And I was scared, but said out loud, "This board is dumb, and doesn't work." Then I had this major pain in my side. I took the board out and threw it in trash can. Bye bye. A few weeks later I go to the hall closet where are coats were kept. I looked up on the shelf. And theres the Ouija board. Ours wouldn't go away either.