Which one is healthy, nan bread, rice or pasta?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    None of the above as all spike your blood sugar levels, as they are converted to glucose in the blood, increasing your chance of insulin-resistance, metabolic syndrome, heart disease and Type II diabetes. http://www.livestrong.com/article/468167-the-negative-effects-of-wheat-in-your-diet/
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Oh my, I eat pasta at least twice a week if not more. Bread every single morning. I am not a runner or cyclist. Am I doomed? :o

Pretty sure you'll survive.

OP asked a question. I answered her question, just like I answered yours. ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    None of the above as all spike your blood sugar levels, as they are converted to glucose in the blood, increasing your chance of insulin-resistance, metabolic syndrome, heart disease and Type II diabetes. http://www.livestrong.com/article/468167-the-negative-effects-of-wheat-in-your-diet/

This is a vast oversimplification of how your body works...

A healthy person who is eating a well rounded and nutritious diet doesn't really need to worry about this...if you look at blue zone areas of the world, they tend to eat high carb...lots of rice, grains, etc...they don't have an obesity problem, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, etc. Most of these things are as a result of obesity which is a result of mass over-consumption of calories...not eating some rice.

I agree.@HeidiGrrrl I eat a lot of carbs and my metabolic issue? was caused from a faulty gene in my DNA that was passed down. I have NO IR,diabetes,and my heart issue(mvp/mvr) they think was caused as a child from a virus I may have had(scarlett fever)or it was hereditary too.and protein can spike blood sugar as well. I eat high carb low fat due to my metabolic issue per drs orders.. if carbs caused those health issues,then I should have one or all the above issues.veggies and fruits are carbs too.oh and the reason I become overweight(as I was always thin until I got to my late 20s early 30s)? I got lazier and ate more calories.I stopped being as active as I was when I was younger and started eating more.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    [ I got lazier and ate more calories.I stopped being as active as I was when I was younger and started eating more.

Just wanted to comment - that's some crazy wild hair color you got there! :) Very cool.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    all unless you have celiac or non celiac gluten sensitivity then rice
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    [ I got lazier and ate more calories.I stopped being as active as I was when I was younger and started eating more.

Just wanted to comment - that's some crazy wild hair color you got there! :) Very cool.

I know and thanks. I love it.