Struggling.

Options
I woke up at six thirty and it's now one o'clock, my lunch time in work and im struggling. I've got a cup of soup that I haven't made and I'm sat staring at two cracker flatbreads (84cal) and im debating whether two is too many. Its like I can feel my mind split, like looking at these two crackers I know its not enough but at the same time I'm overwhelmed that I have to eat both.
I know even with the soup its not enough but somehow it's still too much, too many.

I cant stop grouping my foods in brackets of 100 and anything above is too much. I don't know how to get back out of this mindset again.

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Do those flatbreads fit into your daily calories allowance? If yes eat them. If no, is there something later in the day you can ditch?

If all else fails, remember that one day over target is not going to be a problem if you have plenty of days where yo have hit your target.

Also, without knowing your stats and calorific target it's difficult to say but often, when people are struggling like this, it turns out to be because they have a target which is much too aggressive.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Total calories at end of day is what matters, not sure why you want your food to fit into 100 calories increments? And it's just soup and crackers... nothing that should be causing this much anxiety.

Sounds like you have anorexia my friend. This obsessing over 1 or 2 crackers? Thinking a cup of soup is too much when you know logically that it's not even enough for a proper meal?

I used to be like that when I was anorexic- I was food obsessed and overthought each food item.

Please seek professional help.
  • Giuliaborg
    Giuliaborg Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi @liaoverbrook ! Sorry to hear to you are struggling. I exactly see what you mean and I think logging all the food you eat might be counter productive for your worrying, because it will make you think even more about that. I also think this strategy of logging everything has many pro, like really knowing what you are introducing in your body, but it also have some cons, particularly if you have a tendency to became too worried about that.
    Do you have loads of weight to lose? Maybe you could follow a normal diet where you do not have to weight everything and have every gram and calorie under control?
    Let us know how do you feel! :-)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to stop looking at calories and logging and get some professional help before this spirals.
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I get like that sometimes. Especially if it’s something I’m just eating because it’s lunch and I’m a little hungry. Just eat the one cracker with the soup and see how you feel.

I prefer to eat the majority of my calories later in the day. So, I get the lunch time anxiety over how many calories to eat.