How Far Would You Go

Options
leebesstoad
leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
You have a very good friend on one coast. You live on the other. You only get to see each other a couple of times a year, max.

He has a job assignment on your coast for a couple of weeks, but it isn't in your town. His work and your work would make a protracted visit impossible.

How far would you be willing to travel (be it by car, bus, train, plane) just for the chance to meet and have dinner. Just for a couple of hours?

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how close you are. If it is possible, and you are that close, I would travel one way as least as long as we could get together. So if we could get 3 hours, I would go that far one way.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that. He is a wildland fire fighter and once a year he is in my state fighting fires. I have driven almost 2 hours to have dinner with him. I would probably do up to three hours away driving but it I was going to have to fly or something like that I would just plan a vacation and fly to visit him that way.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I flew from NYC (when I lived there) to Chicago to meet a friend from Cali.
    Like a couple of other posters said, it is really about how close you are to your friend.
  • estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1.5 hr one way.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not far unless someone is putting out. :smokin:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Geeze. Now this hits me where I live. I have a close friend who is in NC. I am in PA. Do I take the kids down and visit her before summer vacation ends or do I not?

Checking finances as we speak...you only live once.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm sure how ever far it would be worth it!! :flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    About 3 to 4 hours' drive, round trip.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It depends on financials.