Weight loss blues/Motivation/Accountability

Options
For some people it is a foreign concept to understand the struggle those of us with weight loss issues experience. I know there has been countless times where I have been doing fabulous on my weight loss mission, and like many others, when we are doing well we talk about it, only to be met with responses such as "well at least you have a pretty face" "some people just aren't meant to be skinny" and of course the " well your chubby but you're not fat" . Although I am aware that some people would be better off never speaking again I have not let this stop me in the past from letting those comments send me into a rip roaring carb binge on a mission for comfort food

Replies

• Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to emotional eating. I tend to binge when I'm stressed. And it's usually binging on all the wrong foods. It's like a drug. And in my case with sugar, it really is like a drug. It's always good to have someone to be able to lean on when those inevitable moments of doubt arise. People can be cruel and sometimes without even knowing it.
  • basky56
    basky56 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Since I have really started to use this app, I have used comments, similar to those, in which people don't really know the impact of what they are saying. I put those in my "motivation bank". I have hit the gym more often lately because whenever I do not feel like working out, I go to my "motivational bank" and make a withdrawal. That gets my butt in the gym pretty quick. People are people, the only thing you can do is control how you react to it. Keep kicking some butt.