An odd question...

Options
Obviously having sex burns calories, but no one has added it to the database. I did some research to find out the average amount of calories you burn having sex.
I was just wondering how other people put this into their diaries? I put it down as "aerobics general" and just put the approximate number of calories,

Replies

• walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have joked about wearing our HRM's next time lol
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    fitnessmagazine.com has "sex" listed on their calories burned calculator. Check it out.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    The joke on MFP is sex logging is Walking dog, 2.5 mph.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Does it not really depend on if one lays on their back and does nothing or is jumping off the wardrobe? :laugh:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't. That is one of the things that gives me a buffeer in case I underestimate my intake....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Does it not really depend on if one lays on their back and does nothing or is jumping off the wardrobe? :laugh:

some positions definitely burn more than others. maybe someone should conduct some scientific research into the matter, and come up with average values for calories burned according to position
  • trud72
    Options
    I don't. That is one of the things that gives me a buffeer in case I underestimate my intake....

THIS

and if we logged EVERYTHING wow those spare cals would add up!

100 cals walking to the loo 5 x
    50 cals drinking coffee x7
    30 cals getting dressed
    50 cals running to get the post from the postman
    50 cals washing up x 3

you get what I am saying!:wink:
  • trud72
    Options

some positions definitely burn more than others. maybe someone should conduct some scientific research into the matter, and come up with average values for calories burned according to position

find me a good looking guy and I will see what I can do for ya! x :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

find me a good looking guy and I will see what I can do for ya! x :laugh:

all for the advancement of science of course...
  • ChloeEliizabeth
    ChloeEliizabeth Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I can assure you, one does not simply lie on one's back and do nothing.