Question about dumbbells: It's silly :P

penne356
penne356 Posts: 95
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Since I'm starting CLX and Brazil butt lift in a few weeks, I need to buy dumbbells. I won't go very heavy as I don't want to be muscular looking. So my question is: If I get, say 3 pound dumbbells, does each dumbbell has to be 3 lbs or should their cumulative weight be 3 lbs? Sorry for asking such a silly question XD

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    each one would weigh 3 lbs. so, a total of 6.
  • sanford
    sanford Posts: 2
    I have completed Chalene Extreme. I love the program and am still doing it. I will be honest with you, I think you will need several sets of dumbbells. Just the 3# will not be enough. As women, we will not build muscle like men do because we do not have the testosterone that they have in our bodies. I am a Beachbody coach and would love to help you if you have andy more questions.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    You may want to look into getting a set of the adjustable weight ones or at least several different weights. That way as your strength improves and you get further along in working out, you'll have some flexibility to do other things as well.

Like the pp said, you aren't going to get super muscular - that takes a lot of training and purposeful actions to do. We women tend to underestimate ourselves. I'll bet that you won't even notice you have the 3lbs after a couple days. :)
  • sunqween21
    sunqween21 Posts: 19
    I started out with 3# and 5# weights. I quickly moved up to 8# weights. I'm starting Push Phase and BBL today and will be using 12# and 15# weights. Good Luck!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I assure you...you are NOT going to get huge muscles if you lift heavy weights with ChaLean Extreme. I just finished my first 90 day round and I ranged from 8 lbs. up to 30 lb. dumbbells throughout the program. 3 lb. dumbbells honestly aren't going to do much for you.
This discussion has been closed.