Calorie deficit question

Options
djwar9858
djwar9858 Posts: 43 Member
edited February 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Yesterday, I only ate a couple of triscuits and cheese. Very sore from shoveling and exercise, so I took a couple of Tylenol. Unfortunately, they were Tylenol PM. Fell asleep for the entire night.
Anyway my question is: I woke up STARVING. Is it okay to eat a little over my calorie goal since basically yesterday I ate nothing?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Of course it's OK, there's no requirement to eat at the same level every day. That may suit some people but would be horribly restrictive to others.
    Regarding your calorie quota as a weekly allowance is also quite common. Lower during the week and higher at the weekend for example.

Long term adherence makes a big difference but how you achieve that is very personal. I did two very low days and five days a week at a normal level when I was losing weight for example.

(BTW - you could log some of your food you eat today under yesterday's diary if that makes you feel better not to see a goal exceeded!)
  • rdc1913
    rdc1913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    (BTW - you could log some of your food you eat today under yesterday's diary if that makes you feel better not to see a goal exceeded!)[/quote]

Good idea! Because I tend to be under my calorie goal on weekdays and slightly over on the weekends. Hate seeing the red for overage. :/