Replies

• briggsmarkj
    briggsmarkj Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What's yours? ☺
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I asked you first. Jk. Struggled with being overweight my entire life. I'm forty pounds away from a healthy BMI which is my goal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just be honest, accurate, patient, and persistent. You'll get there. Check in on the Success Stories occasionally to get some inspiration.
  • marinasusadiamonds
    Options
    ^
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    risberg96 wrote: »
    I asked you first. Jk. Struggled with being overweight my entire life. I'm forty pounds away from a healthy BMI which is my goal.

@risberg96 I was 63, obese at 35 BMI with health failing fast and the doctors were wanting to start Enbrel injections for arthritis pain. I had a hunch if I would get off of sugar and all forms of all grains that my pain would be managed by my new way of eating change.

After trying to taper off all of Aug/Sept 2014 the first of Oct 2014 I stopped sugar and all grains (basically stopped eating processed foods) cold turkey. The first two weeks were hellish then the cravings just faded away. I have successfully maintained for the past two years for the first time in my life. I am Rx med free and great lab results now.

It is great to see you younger people making the changes earlier than I did. In time everyone will find the WOE that works best because we are not all the same when it comes to finding the macro that works best for our future health.

Welcome to MFP forums and best of success.
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love it!! That's awesome. Both of you
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm a 48 year old Army vet with some significant back, neck, knee and shoulder injuries. I've made excuses for the last 4 years as to why I can't get back into shape. The injuries prevent certain activities but that's no excuse to let myself go. I'll never be my old 205# w/ 7% bf but I WILL get back under 200# and get this bf percentage back to a respectable level. I started this journey back at 225# and my short term goal is sub 200# at 2# per week loss.