72 pounds lost with LOTS of pictures! (Repost)

Options
**Reposting because my 'before' pictures are not showing on my original post and I'm unable to edit**

I’ve shared my success story once before, but I had to start over with a new MFP account so I thought I’d share again! Long story short: I was extremely active during my childhood and teenage years. I played soccer in middle school and tennis in high school, and danced for 15 years - 6 of those years on a competitive team. I ate whatever I felt like and was physically fit without really having to think about it. When I went to college, I no longer had tennis and dance practices to keep me active but I kept up the same eating habits. Throughout my 4 years of college, I slowly put on a lot of weight. After seeing some AWFUL pictures of myself at Christmas parties and New Years Eve in 2010 (see below), I decided it was time to make a serious lifestyle change. I bought a scale and weighed in at 215 pounds, which was a huge reality check. In some ways, I think I'd been blind to how overweight I'd become. However, I couldn't deny the number that was staring back at me on the scale, so I got down to business.

Fall 2010

63327_438211477087_3801731_n_zpsd0933323.jpg

69431_1398259597069_4871563_n_zps3bb82a98.jpg

Annual PJ Christmas party with my girlfriends, 2010

photo1_zpsefa9cae5.jpg

photo_zps8d854c08.jpg

NYE 2010

166635_1493288612735_4391133_n_zps11c66945.jpg

I'd never had to workout in a gym before and I was extremely out of shape, so it was really rough at first. I couldn't run 0.25 miles without stopping, I was out of breath after 5 minutes on the elliptical and I had no idea how to use any strength training equipment. I joined MFP in January 2011, logged all of my food and committed to working out 4-5 times a week. I did the Couch to 5K program and discovered a passion for running. Since I don't have my old account for reference, I'm really not quite sure how quickly I lost weight. I think by the time I graduated from college in May 2011, I was around 180 pounds. In my opinion though, specifics of how quickly the weight came off isn't really important. As they say - It's a marathon, not a sprint. I am currently 143 pounds, a total weight loss of 72 pounds since January 2011 and I feel amazing. I've run three 5Ks and I've pushed myself to do things that I wouldn't have thought myself capable of a few years ago. I no longer have a double chin, and I don't constantly worry about my flabby love handles or how I look in clothes. I feel so much happier and more confident. Working out and running has become an important part of my every day life and I look forward to my workouts. There are no secret tips or tricks - Put in hard work and you'll get results.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 130 pounds, but I'm not as concerned as I once was with specific numbers. I want to focus on toning my body and feeling great about myself. I am thankful to my supportive MFP friends and I'm always open to adding new friends who are POSITIVE and committed to logging.

Now for the fun part - 'After' pictures! smile

I can now wear cute clothes!

photo11_zps96d35969.jpg

photo12_zpsb270f4ad.jpg

photo10_zps3eef00ee.jpg

With my best friend after a 5K we ran this spring!

photo13_zps03413982.jpg

Swimsuit shot while on vacation in January of this year... I've lost a little more weight and toned up since then but still proud!

photo2_zps7e34bb3f.jpg

Some before and afters:

8ef74e6d-8c63-451b-b279-5e593c3f8ef9_zpsb15ab242.jpg

photo_zps816befb3.jpg

And finally, just being happy! wink

photo5_zpsbf92b81e.jpg

Replies

• royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...You Look fabulous!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!!! You have done an amazing job!
  • JTx510
    JTx510 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Look at that. Congratulations. You motivate me.
    Keep up the good work!
  • nvolkert90
    Options
    Way to go. You look great
  • Maracuya77
    Maracuya77 Posts: 23
    Options
    Absolutely great. You were always beautiful, but now you are definitely healthy and probably looking the way you feel on the inside. Inspirational : )
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Insanely fantastic! That bikini shot is incredible! So happy for you and inspired for myself!
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress. Be PROUD! :flowerforyou:
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look amazing. I cant imagine how awesome it must feel every time you look in the mirror.
  • mlove351
    mlove351 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Beautiful...you look really great. Im happy for you and thanks for sharing your story
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My goodness... just had to pick my jaw up off the floor!! Congrats! You look so healthy and happy :heart:
  • Katrina_88
    Katrina_88 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing, great job :)
  • 63lab
    63lab Posts: 80
    Options
    you,madam look bloody fabulous!
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    U were beautiful b4 & u r absolutely amazing now...at first I said, "wait, is that the same person?" Excellent work...wishing you continued success!
  • bradleybt
    bradleybt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you & you are truly an inspiration. Thanks so much for caring & sharing.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    r u freakin kidding me omg amazing!!!!!!!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • davisjojo
    davisjojo Posts: 8
    Options
    You look great! Very inspirational...thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!!!
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, it's inspiring to see others doing so well. It's great that you were smiling before and have an even bigger smile now. Keep it up!
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your photos and story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!